Home

NCAA's exclusivity ends in a year or two according to wiki

This is a discussion on NCAA's exclusivity ends in a year or two according to wiki within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4
NCAA's exclusivity ends in a year or two according to wiki

So, which companies will step up to the plate and make College Football games whenever the deal is over? 505, 989 (don't know if they're still around) or 2K?

And how will they do from a clean slate to a series that has been improving and IMO is better than Madden this year.

If this isn't the board for this discussion you may move it to "Football (Other)"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA's exclusivity ends in a year or two according to wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsReality
So, which companies will step up to the plate and make College Football games whenever the deal is over? 505, 989 (don't know if they're still around) or 2K?

And how will they do from a clean slate to a series that has been improving and IMO is better than Madden this year.

If this isn't the board for this discussion you may move it to "Football (Other)"
If they were to have competition and make the game even BETTER than it is now... WOW!

NCAA is the one game I can usually count on from EA Sports other than NHL and FIFA, of course.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

I assume EA will fight pretty hard to get the exclusivity renewed. However, in the event that they are unable to renew, I can't think of a company that could or would be able to develop a good college football game with the amount of content that NCAA has.

NCAA has taken years to develop because year after year they have slowly added new content. A college football game is simply the most difficult type of game to make in my opinion. I don't think we will see anything that gives NCAA a run for it's money anytime soon.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

No way. EA is too big of a power to let such a large exclusive license slip away.
Yup, broke my PS3 controller 2 weeks ago. Threw it against the leg of my couch. It was the combination of Andrew Luck throwing picks left and right against UCLA, and my friends blowing up my phone to bring pong balls to someone's house... smh

Florida Gators
Chicago Cubs
Manchester United FC
Old 09-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Even before EA had exclusivity, they were the only one's making a game. I'd be surprised if someone else made a game, because I don't see how it'd be all that profitable, as they're not going to take a significant chunk out of EA's sales here with a new game, imo. This isn't the NFL, where the shield is enough to make you money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Even before EA had exclusivity, they were the only one's making a game. I'd be surprised if someone else made a game, because I don't see how it'd be all that profitable, as they're not going to take a significant chunk out of EA's sales here with a new game, imo. This isn't the NFL, where the shield is enough to make you money.
This. And 2k's college series wasn't really that good, they even stopped making it before the exclusivity deal, if I remember correctly.

I've said this numerous times and I'll say it again. People should not get their hopes up for a new NCAA football game in the near future, it just isn't happening especially with EA's established control of the market.

Also, don't trust everything you see on wiki.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #7
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

If EA continues on this road with NCAA, I could care less about the deal ending.

They have done a great job with this title.

What I ask is that the same team that develops NCAA, can also do Madden.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 10

2k would happily take over the rights & give us the best CFB of all-time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »