Home

Hilarious Play Reviews

This is a discussion on Hilarious Play Reviews within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Hilarious Play Reviews

There is a definite problem with the game reviewing sideline catches of both passes and kicks/punts. It's actually pretty funny but in one circumstance creates a massive bug.

If a player catches a pass/kick/punt on the sideline while going out of bounds, it will often be reviewed to see if he was in bounds when he made the catch. But the bizarre part is it will do this EVEN if the ball was dropped.

And best of all, if you're punting, and it is ruled the other team's punt returner did NOT make the catch (as if it matters since the ball went out in the exact spot anyway), the game will get mixed up and treat that as if YOUR RECEIVER did not make the catch, and give the other team the ball where you punted from (assuming it was 4th down of course).

Beware sideline punts!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 03:41 AM   #2
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Hilarious Play Reviews

I've seen all sorts of fun "calls" when it comes to sideline and end zone catches. Thankfully we haven't had the Madden 10 bug of your WR catching it in the middle of the end zone, and the refs ruling it incomplete.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Hilarious Play Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
And best of all, if you're punting, and it is ruled the other team's punt returner did NOT make the catch (as if it matters since the ball went out in the exact spot anyway), the game will get mixed up and treat that as if YOUR RECEIVER did not make the catch, and give the other team the ball where you punted from (assuming it was 4th down of course).
YES! I saw this before, and thought I was just crazy! They reviewed it, and all the sudden my opponent had it where I was. I was like, "what's going on, how did this happen?". And I assumed that it was some bug where the game thought I went for it on 4th instead of punting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »