Home

Wow...EA Can you program a team NOT to lose?

This is a discussion on Wow...EA Can you program a team NOT to lose? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
Wow...EA Can you program a team NOT to lose?

up 38-14 on Alabama with 4:28 left in the game. I LOSE 45-38. My QB fumbled 3 straight times which were returned for TD's (27, 38, 31 yards). I'm up 38-35 with 2:58 left in the game...I have a 3rd and 14 (because you know, Alabama jumps every snap, blitzes every play but never ever ever jumps off side). I call slot drive, and audible to verticals because they are playing a 4-4 defense and showing blitz. my WR is WIDE WIDE OPEN, all I gotta do is loft it up, and he'll walk into the endzone. I lob it, #57 jumps up, OVER the guard, one hand intercepts it, breaks not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4....4....4....tackles and runs back for a TD. This ball had such a high arc on it, it was going for a guy 50 yards downfield.

Complete and utter bullcrap. My controller about went through the TV

Bama wins 45-38, because on the next possession (I had about 2 minutes left) my QB somehow fumbles trying to avoid a sack and bama recovers (shocking) and kicks a FG with no time left.

So they got 31 points in the final 4:28 without running but 3 offensive plays, including 4 defensive touchdowns.

here's the funny part...bama had 218 yards of offense in the game. they had more interception yards than offensive yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Wow...EA Can you program a team NOT to lose?

Your up 38-14 with 4:28 left and your QB fumbled three times? Could that be because you were trying to throw the ball when you should have been killing the clock?

I think its hilarious when people try to run up the score and lose because it.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 09-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
up 38-14 on Alabama with 4:28 left in the game. I LOSE 45-38. My QB fumbled 3 straight times which were returned for TD's (27, 38, 31 yards). I'm up 38-35 with 2:58 left in the game...I have a 3rd and 14 (because you know, Alabama jumps every snap, blitzes every play but never ever ever jumps off side). I call slot drive, and audible to verticals because they are playing a 4-4 defense and showing blitz. my WR is WIDE WIDE OPEN, all I gotta do is loft it up, and he'll walk into the endzone. I lob it, #57 jumps up, OVER the guard, one hand intercepts it, breaks not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4....4....4....tackles and runs back for a TD. This ball had such a high arc on it, it was going for a guy 50 yards downfield.

Complete and utter bullcrap. My controller about went through the TV

Bama wins 45-38, because on the next possession (I had about 2 minutes left) my QB somehow fumbles trying to avoid a sack and bama recovers (shocking) and kicks a FG with no time left.

So they got 31 points in the final 4:28 without running but 3 offensive plays, including 4 defensive touchdowns.

here's the funny part...bama had 218 yards of offense in the game. they had more interception yards than offensive yards.
I gotta ask, why was your QB handling the ball to have those 3 fumbles when you were leading? Not that it isn't silly to have that many turnovers in such a short period. I just wonder why your QB had the ball. Were you trying to pass? Were you trying to run with the QB?
Old 09-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Sounds realistic to me. That's the heart of a champion.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:52 PM   #5
Rookie

nolesfan69's Arena

OVR: 3

Hmm thats interesting. What level are you playing on? I play on
Heisman with default sliders. No disrespect to you but that is
a big comeback by the AI. I think the biggest come from behind
loss for me was 21-17. I was up against Miami 17-7 late in the
4th and lost, by the way I was playing as FSU. The loss was
due to some picks that went for TDs by Miami. And the AI just
played great football.

3 time ACC Champs- 2011, 2012 and 2015
1 time Orange Bowl Champs- 2011
National Champions - 2012
Bowl Games 5-2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Conservative clock. Run the ball. Win the game.

Kinda like real life.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I see the exact opposite more, actually I have yet to have the CPU comeback to win on me. usually I lose because the CPU plays better than me and can hang on to the lead.

I've had games where the CPU has a lead and just blows it away with turnovers giving me an easy win though.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 09-30-2010, 12:08 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is a controversial topic but I do believe in some cases the cpu will win no matter what. Especially in offline dynasty. On defense they fly through the blockers so it is a sack and fumble or three negative run plays. On offense they throw jump balls and when you go for a swat and you miss but you never miss a swat any other time and if you magically stop them short of a first down it will go to a facemask animation regardless if you press the hit stick or go for the strip. (On heisman)

Last edited by herruberraschen; 09-30-2010 at 12:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »