Home

For the love of ALL that is Holy, EA FIX CHALLENGES!!!

This is a discussion on For the love of ALL that is Holy, EA FIX CHALLENGES!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
For the love of ALL that is Holy, EA FIX CHALLENGES!!!

Wow, I don't know how this hasn't been reported more, but ever since the latest patches, none of my challenges work. I will challenge a call, and it skips the replay and commentary, and says "the play stands as called" from the commentators, and it automatically fails everytime. This is an absolute problem that needs to be addressed. Anyone else have this problem, or know if there is a way to remedy it?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: For the love of ALL that is Holy, EA FIX CHALLENGES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Wow, I don't know how this hasn't been reported more, but ever since the latest patches, none of my challenges work. I will challenge a call, and it skips the replay and commentary, and says "the play stands as called" from the commentators, and it automatically fails everytime. This is an absolute problem that needs to be addressed. Anyone else have this problem, or know if there is a way to remedy it?
I've won challenges since all of the patches.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-30-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah, not having this problem at all. Maybe you need to slow down on the challenges there.

I kid, but yeah I have won challenges and lost challenges.

The only weird thing I have seen with challenges after the patches is I saw the computer challenge if a QB's arm was going forward on a fumble. They actually won! I have not ever seen that before and teh announcers were still saying that they were checking to see if he was down before the fumble.

If that were the case, he was not even close to being down before he fumbled. This leads me to believe that his arm going forward was what was actually being reviewed. it was weird.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I have not seen this problem, all the challenges I've seen have actually been correct and I've been able to see the replay and everything, before and after patches.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

One thing that I love about challenges and reviews this year is that they aren't automatic like they were in years past. In '09, the only time there was a review was when the call on the field was wrong. If there was a review, you knew with 100% certainty that it would be overturned. In '11, it can go either way, which is great. With challenges, I really love how they aren't always reveiwed automatically. I've had several times where I thought the fumbler was down first or thought the catch was out of bounds so I waited for it to be reviewed. They didn't review it so I had to challenge and I was right and I won the challenge. The great thing is that had I not challenged it, my opponent would've gotten a lucky break.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

The one thing that annoys me about challenges is when it calls a random *** fumble on a WR catch. The WR will catch and drop the ball in about a one second span, and its called a fumble. You challenge, and its still called a fumble. It should be an incomplete pass
Old 09-30-2010, 01:35 PM   #7
MVP

mm boost's Arena

can't believe this is not happening to anyone else. I know I've read it on here somewhere that someone else had the issue. This has happend to me 3 times...all 3 times I have challenged since the patch. I hardly ever have a challenge come up, maybe 1 every 2-3 games. Especially when its CLEAR my running back was down, but the ball pops out and they don't even review the call and it stands. It just goes straight from me pressing "challenge fumble" straight back to game action and announcers saying the call stands. Annoying as hell, losing a challenge that isn't even looked at.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #8
MVP

mm boost's Arena

okay, I figure'd maybe you guys were right and it was a fluke...nope, happened again last night. played Florida state, they caught a pass on sideline that looked out of bounds. I challenged, it cut straight from challenge screen to back on the field, bottom banner says call stands, and commentators saying 'they ruling stands as called'. This is annoying as hell, what is causing this? I don't TOUCH the controller, so I am not skipping anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »