Home

The Return of Terrible Kickers?!

This is a discussion on The Return of Terrible Kickers?! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2010, 07:20 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Return of Terrible Kickers?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Turtles
It also sucks that if you took forever to make a bunch of generic kickers/punters to recruit, teams would just hoard them anyways.
noticed that only a few teams seem able to recruit kickers/punters, and they wind up recruiting 3 or 4 of them. even worse at the end of the following season, rare for the kickers/punters that didn't wind up top of the depth chart to transfer to another school in need of a kicker in a years time

two suggestions if you wind up with an awful walk-on k/p:

switch a SR (RS) from another position to fill the roster requirement, and then cut the dodgy walk-on from your roster. either have the other k/p handle both duties if he is good enough, your actually look the kicking stats of your entire roster, you may find someone with better kicking attributes than these walk-ons. by switching a SR (RS), hopefully the following season you may be able to recruit a decent kicker/punter

my other suggestion is consider recruiting a k/p if your current k/p is a senior. if you have k/p's interested in joining your school, take advantage of the interest rather than run the risk of going into the next seasons recruiting when your k/p has left and no one is interested.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:58 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkysmooth
Love it when you need a kicker and punter and none are interested in your six star prestige team that has won two national titles in the past five years. I mean, who would want to kick for them? Same goes with stupid positions like TE and MLB. I just recruit fat WRs and OLBs and move them around. It's incredibly pointless to sign a 3 star juco to play MLB for my preseason top 5 team.
I hate that, it drives me nuts.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #19
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkysmooth
Love it when you need a kicker and punter and none are interested in your six star prestige team that has won two national titles in the past five years. I mean, who would want to kick for them? Same goes with stupid positions like TE and MLB. I just recruit fat WRs and OLBs and move them around. It's incredibly pointless to sign a 3 star juco to play MLB for my preseason top 5 team.
I recruit low end TE's and use them as FB's. I haven't recruited a FB in three seasons or so.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #20
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Not true at all.....

I'm actually glad they started to rate kickers low....for years all they have ever done was rate kickers way too accurate for college and now they are making them more realistic

You can't look at the ratings and assume they are too low especially for kickers because ratings in this game effects kickers differently.....they still knock down kicks even in the 40's

There's only a select few of them that even make the pro's and most of them don't have great leg strength or accuarcy.

I think too many people are making a big deal out of nothing....in years past a guy with 60 awareness could make any kick in the game now i see kicks wide, short and totally off the mark occasionally this is the most realistic experience I've seen by this series in terms of variety of kicks you see missed from game to game.

In fact i hate these types of complaints because eventually EA will go right back to making scrubs become Ray Guy again......

Every year people complained about Kickers being too accurate now they are crying over ratings.....heck if it effects gameplay that bad just boost up the darn sliders.

Their ratings don't hurt SIM stats much at all so what's the point of the complaint?

If it is effecting your ability to hit kicks during game play around with the sliders......

But i think ultimatley this stuff is going to lead directly to EA doing the same thing they did to QBA beefing it up for no reason just because of these types of complaints.
Every college kicker can make a 35 yd FG. Every college kicker makes most of their XP's.

I'm sick of the sliders can fix everything nonsense, it's flat out not true and I'm one of the biggest slider advocates out there. Even if it were true, that doesn't excuse programming incompetence.

Your post is terrible IMO. You're blaming the consumer, who paid $60, for wanting an accurate product instead of blaming the producer, who pocketed $60, for producing an inaccurate product. Your whole argument boils down to EA's incompetence in addressing actual issues and you blame the consumer for this?!? It's not the community's fault if EA continuously over/under-shoots the target when it comes to player ratings and we SHOULD continue to demand change until they get it right.

Last edited by youALREADYknow; 10-02-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #21
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Every college kicker can make a 35 yd FG. Every college kicker makes most of their XP's.
No, they can not. Most can, but there are plenty who are lucky to hit 50% from 25 or longer. You hear about it every year, so and so school holding open tryouts for kickers/punters because their current crop of kickers couldn't hit water if they kicked off from a beach. It happens at big schools and small.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2010, 03:22 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

True story... that 89 Kicker for Oklahoma, on the default rosters? Very strong leg.. Horrible accuracy... IRL.. but inthe game hes a stud kicker... he was the winner of an open try out after Garrett Hartley graduated.

The guy in the game, isnt actually even kicking for OU NOW...

Kickers are right where they need to be, to a point.

Awareness, and accuracy is spot on in most cases.

Aside from the occasional Stud kicker, (which is where my complaint lies, as i never see them.. ever) most real kickers at the college level, should be rated similar to this..

AWR 55-65, KPW 68-82 KAC 55-74
Old 10-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #23
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
No, they can not. Most can, but there are plenty who are lucky to hit 50% from 25 or longer. You hear about it every year, so and so school holding open tryouts for kickers/punters because their current crop of kickers couldn't hit water if they kicked off from a beach. It happens at big schools and small.
Making them in a game means accuracy. I'm talking about having the actual leg (KPW) to make a 35 yard FG.

I agree that FG accuracy is a legitimate issue for a good portion of D-1 schools. But if you're going to sit here and say that 1/4 of D-1 schools can't find a kicker who has the leg to make a 35 yd FG then I'm not buying it.

If all you need is 45 KPW to make a D-1 football team, then every kid in America with a slight interest in football would be trying out for the position. Most high school kickers I've seen have the leg power to make a 35 yard FG.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

in last years game if i couldn't get a 5 or 4 star kicker then i just didn't scout one and i would usually get a high 60's kicker or punter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »