Home

Cheese or not Cheese?

This is a discussion on Cheese or not Cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #9
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Cheese or not Cheese?

Well you lost, ergo it must've been cheese right? Not one of us have ever lost a game to a user unless he cheesed, right?

In seriousness, of course going for 2 in that situation isn't cheesy in any way shape for form. Also, for some reason, you're getting caught up in what Stoops would or wouldn't do. Unless Bob somehow has some free time on his hands and was on the sticks, I don't see the relevance at all. That's like saying that if the OU user was using TTU's playbook it's cheese because Bob wouldn't do that.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbears7
So give me your opinion if the following situation is "Cheese"

I am playing a user game of my online dynasty: Texas(me) vs Oklahoma

The game is going back and forth and its 21-14 Texas with 6 seconds left on the clock Oklahoma has the ball. The guy scores with one second left and I am like okay were gonna go to OT.Then I see that he is gonna go for it. I already think this is cheese and am thinking to myself wow what a dumb way to end a great game. so i come out in a goal line defense and he comes out in an I formation. he snaps the ball and runs the option. and does the classic cheeser pitch the ball as the QB is being tackled and he got it and that was the game 22-21.
IMO I thought it was cheese from the point he went for 2 because I know college football and I know Bob Stoops would not go for 2 with the game on the line. Then the option is the icing on the cheese IMO.

I know this is a little over the top but thats because I just lost so all I am asking is do you guys think this is cheese because I was told this dynasty was going to be a sim style and I see that in my first user game.

Going to two to win the game is not cheese. It's ballsy as hell but not cheese.

Do you play with Texas's playbook? I don't play with my teams playbook. In my Georgia OD, I do not run the 3-4. Does that make me not sim? I play a more aggresive style than Mark Riecht. Am I not sim?

Your user opponent has more balls that Bob Stoops. That doen't make it non-sim.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schreck
Well, as the commish of this particular dynasty, I have to say I don't really consider that to be cheese. I definitely see your point, because when somebody does that stuff to you it sucks to no end. Losing like that is a kick in the balls. But, to me, it is just a really aggressive play call. I know it might not be exactly what Stoops or most other coaches would do, but it does happen, and let's face it, this is not real life. This dynasty is trying to be sim, but as far as I'm concerned aggressive play calls aren't cheese, sometimes they might not be just like "real life", but this is a video game, let's face it, we don't have much on the line. You make the stop and you win.

The other guy also said you went for it on a 4th and 2 from your own 30 or so, not exactly something Mack Brown would do, so it goes both ways. I hate when people pull either one of these moves, but stop them and they look really stupid, let them make it and it will piss you off.

I won't stand for cheese dicks, but to me the only thing that's cheese is abusing a glitch or some weakness in the game. Aggressiveness is not cheese to me. I saw the video of the option play he ran, that is tough, not sure how the hell he kept his RB in bounds after that ridiculous pitch, but he pulled it off. Don't want there to be any hard feelings on it, I know it sucks to lose that way and I'd be pissed if I was you too, hopefully a night's sleep took the edge off. Better luck next time bro.
ya im fine now all I know now is next year thats gonna be one hell of a rivalry game and I am looking forward to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

not cheese......risky, but not cheesy
Old 10-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Well you lost, ergo it must've been cheese right? Not one of us have ever lost a game to a user unless he cheesed, right?
no I get what your saying but I probably would have said something anyway. It would have been more along the lines of "wow you cheese and you still cant beat me" rather than "your cheesing lost me the game"
Old 10-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #14
Rookie

KennyLSU's Arena

OVR: 5

Not cheese. In the words of Herm, "You play to win the game". If it was in the middle of the game then I would think differently but at the end of the game it's no different than electing to go for a TD and win instead of a FG to tie.

The pitch is the thing I would not like. I have been in OD's where that kind of pitch is illegal. Yes it can be stopped but it shouldn't happen to begin with.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #15
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyLSU
Not cheese. In the words of Herm, "You play to win the game". If it was in the middle of the game then I would think differently but at the end of the game it's no different than electing to go for a TD and win instead of a FG to tie.

The pitch is the thing I would not like. I have been in OD's where that kind of pitch is illegal. Yes it can be stopped but it shouldn't happen to begin with.
Just out of curiosity, how exactly did you make that type of pitch illegal? I mean I know you can say that, but did if somebody did it were they warned, booted, etc? It's pretty ridiculous for some of those pitches to work, but I've also seen guys try to pull that and they fumble it, get it picked by the d, or just throw it away. It's a risk, sometimes it amazingly works out, sometimes it doesn't. Anytime an incredible play goes against you it sucks and seems "unrealistic", but when you do it, it is pretty damn exciting. Just a matter of perspective.

I think some of the rules people put in place about certain plays and things being done are overkill, IRL, if a team can't stop you, you keep doing what works, why is that wrong to do in the game? It only makes sense to attack a team's weakness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 8

Not cheese at all. Like someone said before, the idea of "sim" is not playing like a specific team/coach so much as playing like it is a real football game. Maybe the pitch could be seen as exploiting a bug but, since it is stoppable, I think that's a little bit of a stretch.

An amusing, yet related, sidenote...I'm an ND fan. When Dantonio called that fake FG, my first response was to call it cheese. Then I realized that it was just a gutsy call that paid off and any bugs that he was exploiting were really ND's horrific defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »