Home

Cheese or not Cheese?

This is a discussion on Cheese or not Cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #17
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Cheese or not Cheese?

Cheesy would be going for two after every TD no matter what.

He was just going for the win, I don't see how that is even remotely cheesy.

Last edited by NoDakHusker; 10-01-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #18
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Not Cheese....but somebody seems a little salty!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:45 PM   #19
Pro

thequick135's Arena

OVR: 7

ok i am the one who ran this play (oklahoma)
i had no intention of making you mad or trying to be called out for bull**** or anything

i ran this option play 2 other times in the game so its not like it was a completely new play you've never seen before

i went for 2 because i dont play overtime games. I dont do well in them so i will risk losing a game on a 2pt conversion.

i see nothing wrong with it, I've done it in other dynasties and against opponents in our current dynasty and I've never had someone complain, they just say that was ballsy (whether I get it or not, more often than not) and almost didn't get this one and I will admit it was lucky for me not to go out of bounds or get tackled before the endzone
Old 10-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #20
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Here's the thing about the late pitch though. If this is real life, and you're going for the win, wouldn't the QB throw the ball when getting tackled to give them a chance to win? It may go to the guy, it may not. but that QB is getting rid of the ball to give them a chance to win. So the fact that he pitched it when getting hit has NOTHING to do with this.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 10-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #21
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbears7
Its a sim league or supposed to be one. Oklahoma is never that ballsy. watch one of there games. Bob stoops would never do that. I would be fine if it was Mark Dantonio at Michigan State or Chris Peterson at Boise but not Oklahoma thats not sim football.
Here is your problem, Bob Stoops isn't the coach. The guy you are playing is the coach. If he wants to take risk then he can take risk. I get your logic, but I put it right there with leagues who make you use the playbook of whatever school you chose. It doesn't make since if you really think about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 02:32 PM   #22
Rookie

NDNathan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Cheesy would be going for two after every TD no matter what.
What if the user controlled USC?

But I agree with the consensus here. Not even close to being cheese.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #23
Rookie

JMU_Devil_Dawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schreck
Well, as the commish of this particular dynasty, I have to say I don't really consider that to be cheese. I definitely see your point, because when somebody does that stuff to you it sucks to no end. Losing like that is a kick in the balls. But, to me, it is just a really aggressive play call. I know it might not be exactly what Stoops or most other coaches would do, but it does happen, and let's face it, this is not real life. This dynasty is trying to be sim, but as far as I'm concerned aggressive play calls aren't cheese, sometimes they might not be just like "real life", but this is a video game, let's face it, we don't have much on the line. You make the stop and you win.

The other guy also said you went for it on a 4th and 2 from your own 30 or so, not exactly something Mack Brown would do, so it goes both ways. I hate when people pull either one of these moves, but stop them and they look really stupid, let them make it and it will piss you off.

I won't stand for cheese dicks, but to me the only thing that's cheese is abusing a glitch or some weakness in the game. Aggressiveness is not cheese to me. I saw the video of the option play he ran, that is tough, not sure how the hell he kept his RB in bounds after that ridiculous pitch, but he pulled it off. Don't want there to be any hard feelings on it, I know it sucks to lose that way and I'd be pissed if I was you too, hopefully a night's sleep took the edge off. Better luck next time bro.
What Schreck said.
Ballsy call that was inches away from him losing the game, nothing more.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbears7
Its a sim league or supposed to be one. Oklahoma is never that ballsy. watch one of there games. Bob stoops would never do that. I would be fine if it was Mark Dantonio at Michigan State or Chris Peterson at Boise but not Oklahoma thats not sim football.
Stop it and u would have won....

Dont and u lose....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »