Home

Recruiting Promises

This is a discussion on Recruiting Promises within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting Promises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
I would imagine that they are tied to the value the recruit assigns to their respective pitches.

IE if he is a least on early playing time, then I doubt the solid playing time or no redshirt promise will be valuable to him.

Also I believe opening up new pitches is tied to your Coaching Prestige rank.
I seriously doubt EA is that smart. Actually tie no redshirt or sig playing time promise to guys with Very High or Most on early playing time? No chance in hell. If it is in fact supposed to be tied to it and help you out, then it is broken. I have promised no redshirt and sig playing time to guys with Most or Very high on early playing time which I had an A+ in that for them and no luck. Didnt do crap for me.

All promises should be more powerful then they are. In certain situations, no redshirt or starting promise should allmost lock a guy in for you if say he is top 3 for your school and you have no returning talent at that position.

But it should powerfully backfire on you if you break that promise and dont start him or redshirt him. Should be huge hit to coach prestige or integrity and allmost guaranteed chance of a transfer.

But no EA cant even make those promises work as to whether you kept them or not. Case in point my punter whom I promised no redshirt and starting time to. Said I broke my sig playing time promise even though he was my starting Punter, Kick-off man, and Kicker.

EA's recruiting is a mostly randomly generated pile of crap.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #10
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

So when or how do I get more than the 5 original promises?
Old 10-07-2010, 05:34 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
So when or how do I get more than the 5 original promises?
my friend just told me we are in 3rd year of online dynasty and he said he has unlocked national exposure asked how and he said he guessed going to back to back rose bowls he is michigan

it could be that he keep no redshirt promises, though

i can't find what unlocks promises, but I do know it happens in online dynasties
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #12
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Keeping promises adds to your coach prestige and helps unlock more promises. The idea being as a new coach no one would believe you if you promised a national champ to a recruit, but as you build a reputation as being a man of your word you'll be able to promise mroe things.

I'm also building a program (North Texas whose D overall right now) and you want to start with promising no redshirt and winning record against rivals to recruits. The no redshirt is good too because recruits will be more likly to take an intrest in the possibility of playing early (since every other pitch is C or worse for bad schools). As the team begins to take shape its easier to promise "conf champs 1st year on campus" because you're in a lame conference, or at least thats hoew I'm working it.

When you're building up a terrible program you've got to take the risk of blowing a few promises to get some three star players.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99
Keeping promises adds to your coach prestige and helps unlock more promises. The idea being as a new coach no one would believe you if you promised a national champ to a recruit, but as you build a reputation as being a man of your word you'll be able to promise mroe things.

I'm also building a program (North Texas whose D overall right now) and you want to start with promising no redshirt and winning record against rivals to recruits. The no redshirt is good too because recruits will be more likly to take an intrest in the possibility of playing early (since every other pitch is C or worse for bad schools). As the team begins to take shape its easier to promise "conf champs 1st year on campus" because you're in a lame conference, or at least thats hoew I'm working it.

When you're building up a terrible program you've got to take the risk of blowing a few promises to get some three star players.
That's been my strategy too, I also like to use the promise a game in your home state promise once it gets unlocked. I only have two pipelines, so that one is pretty easy to manage, although once I made that promise to a QB without loking at his home state, and it ended up being Alaska
Old 10-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
although once I made that promise to a QB without loking at his home state, and it ended up being Alaska
thought I was only one who did that. Did it with a Reciever who was from Canada. In Same recruiting class I also forgot where my LB was from. I had made the promise but couldn't remember where he was from and for some unknown reason EA decided not to show that information on a screen I could find.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:44 AM   #15
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

- Just thought of: If you promise All-Freshman team, is it a broken promise if you redshirt them the 1st year? And then they make it as a Redshirt FR. (They still make it and it should count, as long as you don't promise No redshirt or lots of playing time 1st year...)

Anyone tried this or other things out?

Thanx!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #16
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirrtySouth78
thought I was only one who did that. Did it with a Reciever who was from Canada. In Same recruiting class I also forgot where my LB was from. I had made the promise but couldn't remember where he was from and for some unknown reason EA decided not to show that information on a screen I could find.
I had one recruit from Alaska, one from Hawaii on my team once. Man that must of been an interesting locker room conversation.

That said I usually just got for the

-Win Conference Championship

-Winning record against rivals

promises. They're easy and work every time

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »