Home

About to play online and have a few questions.

This is a discussion on About to play online and have a few questions. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

OVR: 5
About to play online and have a few questions.

I played '10 a lot and remember the cheese in that game.

Run commit being unstopable, 3-3-5 being invincible, etc.

Oh, quarters defense also. Is all that crap still in this game or has it been fixed? Basically, what are certain defenses that I should quit on as soon as I see it like last year's game when you see quarters and 3-3-5 on the first play of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: About to play online and have a few questions.

The only cheese I have seen on defense is people who run a 4 man rush man coverage. However, that is no longer a threat since man coverage has been nerfer by patch 2. Now its just a minor annoyance. All defenses are beatable. If they run quarters all game you can just run up the middle and have big success. If they run commit you can light them up in the air, VERY easily. The 3-3-5 works like it should. Good against the spread, mediocre against power running.

The cheese is on offense, where the four verticals play is near unstoppable and where people scramble to sidelines every play. But its not that bad on D.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:05 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: About to play online and have a few questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
The cheese is on offense, where the four verticals play is near unstoppable and where people scramble to sidelines every play. But its not that bad on D.
Couldn't agree more. The post route over the middle with this play is unstoppable. Quarters Contain can stop it sometimes if you run your FS to the spot before the WR breaks to it. If you play man, they'll get it on you every time. If you try to chase the WR they can complete it anyway.

If they pick Ohio State, nine times out of ten they'll sprint straight back like 20 yards and turn and throw this route. It's really stupid and boring.

I've said it before, the pump fake glitch was bad, but the forty step drop has been in this game forever. It needs to be fixed.

I haven't seen any cheese D either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »