Home

Why are all my recruits crap/rating

This is a discussion on Why are all my recruits crap/rating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Why are all my recruits crap/rating

I'm syracuse. And got them to a 4 star prestige after year 1. After that I got a handful of 4 star recruits. But the highest rated was a 69.. Did EA dumb down the recruits with the last patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Why are all my recruits crap/rating

I'm going to guess that you just looked at the *'s next to the player's names and didn't really evaluate the position specific ratings for each player. If you have a 4 star CB with a "C-" in man coverage, zone coverage and agility, then that dude will be a mid 60's Overall player at best. *'s are useful as a starting point, but to really get the gems you need to do your "homework"

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Recruiting based on a recruits star rating is not very smart. I love how EA has done it, just like real life, the "star" rating a player has is usually a guess at best by supposive recruiting guru's. Atleast at the top of the board.

Its not unusual at all to end up with 4 star players rated higher then 5 star players, or 3 star higher then 4 stars, and so on down the line.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 10-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Dont give the guy a hard time. Some variability is good in recruiting, like real life. But 4 star guys shouldnt be too low. Most of them turn out to be very good.

3 stars I would say is where you get some huge variability. Some turn out like 3 star average players, some turn out more like a 5 star guy, and some are complete crap 1 star guys.

You should be able to get gems by sifting through the 2 and 3 star guys, but more often then not a 4 star CB shouldnt have C coverage skills. Even Rivals and Scout wouldnt screw up like that.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
Rookie

I would definatly recomend using pocket scout. it helps a ton
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #6
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
Dont give the guy a hard time. Some variability is good in recruiting, like real life. But 4 star guys shouldnt be too low. Most of them turn out to be very good.

3 stars I would say is where you get some huge variability. Some turn out like 3 star average players, some turn out more like a 5 star guy, and some are complete crap 1 star guys.

You should be able to get gems by sifting through the 2 and 3 star guys, but more often then not a 4 star CB shouldnt have C coverage skills. Even Rivals and Scout wouldnt screw up like that.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbears7
I would definatly recomend using pocket scout. it helps a ton
Doesn't that cost money? I'll be damned if I start paying money to do what I used to be able to do quite well for free. I feel like that is the direction this game is going. In other words, you have to buy the extras in the game in order to do well. I play on Heisman level, but recruit on Freshman because to me, recruiting is unrealistic and difficult. I have very realistic recruiting classes. But I do find that the players are typically rated too low. To me, down the line, teams are rated worse because players are not as good as the default game. Recruiting was great last year. I do like some of the variation across the star ratings, but I don't know why they had to mess it all up. Anyways, if I have to pay extras to play this game, it will be $60 a year I save because I won't buy it. That's pretty ridiculous.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:05 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87

Doesn't that cost money? I'll be damned if I start paying money to do what I used to be able to do quite well for free. I feel like that is the direction this game is going. In other words, you have to buy the extras in the game in order to do well. I play on Heisman level, but recruit on Freshman because to me, recruiting is unrealistic and difficult. I have very realistic recruiting classes. But I do find that the players are typically rated too low. To me, down the line, teams are rated worse because players are not as good as the default game. Recruiting was great last year. I do like some of the variation across the star ratings, but I don't know why they had to mess it all up. Anyways, if I have to pay extras to play this game, it will be $60 a year I save because I won't buy it. That's pretty ridiculous.

no pocket scout doesnt cost anything you just download it on your computer it is a huge help . I think it makes recruiting more realistic because in real life you know more information about a recruit than NCAA recruiting gives you. heres the link:http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...ee-pc-app.html
Old 10-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbears7
no pocket scout doesnt cost anything you just download it on your computer it is a huge help . I think it makes recruiting more realistic because in real life you know more information about a recruit than NCAA recruiting gives you. heres the link:http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...ee-pc-app.html
Isn't this for the XBOX only? If so, that doesn't do me any good. Thanks, though!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »