Home

Is the wildcat cheesy?

This is a discussion on Is the wildcat cheesy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #17
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Is the wildcat cheesy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Which sounds like a lot doesn't it? Considering they had 67 plays on offense it sounds like they ran the wildcat almost 20% of the time....not that close to 80% or even 50%.
But believe me, out of those 13 times? We had 1 big play, and then out of the other 12, we averaged 1.8 YPC.

We used it in awful times, which I why I want to see Rutgers ditch it.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #18
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Which sounds like a lot doesn't it? Considering they had 67 plays on offense it sounds like they ran the wildcat almost 20% of the time....not that close to 80% or even 50%.
But believe me, out of those 13 times? We had 1 big play, and then out of the other 12, we averaged 1.8 YPC.

We used it in awful times, which I why I want to see Rutgers ditch it.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 5

All he is doing is running shotgun Heavy (tebow formation) qb sweep. alot of guys online run this play, its really easy to stop, but can be taken for big gains against the cpu as well as users. NOT CHEESE!
Old 10-07-2010, 01:09 AM   #20
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
All he is doing is running shotgun Heavy (tebow formation) qb sweep. alot of guys online run this play, its really easy to stop, but can be taken for big gains against the cpu as well as users. NOT CHEESE!
So that formation lines up the HB at QB? What makes you sure that's what it is? The blockers facing the sidelines? He definitely has his HB taking the snap.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Every time i see a wildcat formation from my opponent online, i laugh.
8 out of 10 times its a tackle for loss, other 2 times maybe a 2-3 yard gain.

Easiest offense in the game to deal with, so no i dont think its cheese.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #22
Pro

blakty's Arena

OVR: 6

IMO the guy who runs it 80% of the time is handcuffing his offense. The wildcat is more complicated for the offense than the defense. It's practically useless unless you're Bama or something, then it's cheese . I can't even begin to tell you how long it took to figure out all the reads for running it.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #23
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakty
IMO the guy who runs it 80% of the time is handcuffing his offense. The wildcat is more complicated for the offense than the defense. It's practically useless unless you're Bama or something, then it's cheese . I can't even begin to tell you how long it took to figure out all the reads for running it.
He averaged 15 yards a carry against the CPU on 35+ carries. He seems to have had no problem with making reads, or he's using a particular wildcat formation that is cheesy. So although a human might be able to figure out what he's doing and stop it, it's pretty clearly cheese against the CPU when you're running all over a B rated defense like that.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
So that formation lines up the HB at QB? What makes you sure that's what it is? The blockers facing the sidelines? He definitely has his HB taking the snap.
dude you can formation sub anyone there from HB to WR to the fastest guy on your team. there are diff variety of formation subs out of that formation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »