Home

Need help with a defense.

This is a discussion on Need help with a defense. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Need help with a defense.

Ok guys I need some help here. I play in a Online Dynasty with some other Hawkeye fans. I'm Nebraksa and in my second year and my team is solid with atleast a B+ in every category. I'm having a problem with a few guys in the dynasty that are running a 4-3 defense where they seem to make them all crowd the box and play some sort of zone. I can't seem to score very much on this sort of D. I was hoping some of you guys might have run across this style of defense and could help me out.

They will stay in this defense even when I put 4 Wr's out there and they can still cover my guys. I'm pretty sure they are setting their zone coverage to aggressive making the zones shorter and even when I send guys deep to beat the coverage they are still covered all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Need help with a defense.

Could you upload a highlight of a time when this was used?
Old 10-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Tha_Jackal's Arena

OVR: 1

I would think go 3-4 Wide and using some post and crossing patterns. You should be able to find some holes in the zone if he has LB's covering WR's unless they have converted DB's playing LB.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Try some screens to WRs and HBs. And just RUN THE BALL straight at them. Try it, see what happens. Let us know!
Old 10-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I will try the 3-4 wide with slants and crossing routes I've also tried running straight at them a few times and I will get 2 yards at the most. One thing I forgot to mention is that they are all using that Qb contain on aggressive so the zone will move with my Qb, so do you think if I run some curls on the opposite side to where I scramble they will be open more.

Also do you guys use the impact blocking on aggressive alot. These guys have olines where the highest rated guy will be a low 80's and they can just get 4-5 yards every time and my dline is rated 94, 92, 88, and 82 but can't stop the run to save their lives.

I appreciate the responses and if I can I will upload a highlight for a pass play and run play so you guys can help me out some more.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »