Home

Ratings??????

This is a discussion on Ratings?????? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7
Question Ratings??????

Does anybody know exactly which rating actually affect the game play? I know AWR doesn't mean much besides with the QB, and STR has a lot to do with their ability to over power people what about the rest. Is better to go after a guy with a higher play recognition than coverage or better to have a line man with stronger run block strength than the run block itself. Can anyone help solve my problem of the wacky rating system in place this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Ratings??????

Play Recognition has to do with players biting on the pump fake or not. The coverage ratings tell you how good that player is at covering his zone or man. They are all independent of each other.

Run/Pass Block Strength determine a lineman's effectiveness at blocking a power move, footwork regards finesse moves. As far as I know the individual Run and Pass block skills are now meaningless. Someone can please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mWolfe
Does anybody know exactly which rating actually affect the game play? I know AWR doesn't mean much besides with the QB, and STR has a lot to do with their ability to over power people what about the rest. Is better to go after a guy with a higher play recognition than coverage or better to have a line man with stronger run block strength than the run block itself. Can anyone help solve my problem of the wacky rating system in place this year.
why do guys keep assuming awareness doesn't do anything?

give a Running back 99 awareness and see how he reacts on the field....

i think that is the biggest myth in NCAA football that awareness only effect the QB. I have rosters created for the last 3-4 years strictly driven by awareness and the people that have used those rosters will mostly all vouch it makes a huge difference to gameplay on the field.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
why do guys keep assuming awareness doesn't do anything?
Because the devs have told us that it doesn't do anything. We're just taking their word for it.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »