Home

Is it me or is offense just to easy now? (online included)

This is a discussion on Is it me or is offense just to easy now? (online included) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Is it me or is offense just to easy now? (online included)

you are 100% right but the thing is i have known and exploited this for years. Online and in the game i am unstoppable on offense and if i could stop the other team from passing then i would be like the best player. They can't run on me because i use D-lneman and i am good at switching to my backers and coming up and stuffing them. The thing is that they can pass on me at any time. have tried blitzing hard and playing soft but i still don't stop it.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:08 AM   #10
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah the second patch really ruined pass defense. Here's my advice.

Rather than trying to improve on defense, work on making your offense unstoppable. Most people who are any good probably can tear people up with the patch 2 defense now, but its important that you're scoring TD's on almost all your posessions. I'm talking TD's on at least 7-8 out of every 10 drives. Thats what you need to win consistently now.

Once you do that then focus on your defense. My goal (and it should be yours too) is to get 2 stops a game. Field goals count as stops. If you can force a 3rd down you usually want to heavy blitz the QB to either force a TO or sack them so far back that you take the option of a 4th down play out. This is necessary since most people go for it on any type of managable 4th down, and with this defense its very hard to stop somebody from getting 10 yards 4 times. Outside of 3rd down, I suggest that you just keep rushing 3 or 4 guys, and drop everybody into coverage. Make them keep throwing into coverage and hope they make a mistake at some point.

If you simply cannot stop somebody, then you have your unstoppable offense to fall back on. Try to just keep matching their scores. If the game is like this, do everything physically possible to make sure you get the ball last. If they're driving for a winning TD with a couple minutes left in the 4th, start whipping out every blitz youve got. You either get big plays or you give up a quick TD which leaves you time to come back and tie or win.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:38 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Yesterday I threw for 600 yards and 6 td's online with Texas A&M against Cincinnati. The other guy had a good record too. He threw for around 450 and 4 tds on me. Both of our defenses were practically useless, it was ugly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2010, 02:32 AM   #12
Banned

cr00v's Arena

OVR: 4

It's all about personnel in '11. I just got this game last week, but I'm slowly getting better on the D side of the ball. My offense is raw (I'm 12-2), but those two losses were solely due to UF and UA's defensive personnel.

If you're in a dynasty, recruit the best, fastest CB's you can find. Seriously, they're just as important as run stopping DL.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:42 AM   #13
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Ya I mean most EA football games have been easy on offense...

When NCAA 11 first came out Corners gave you a challenge because they stuck to you're Wr like glue. Witch was pretty cheap because they were magic and always ran in front of you're Wr's route. But dang EA you can't some how meet in the middle and still make it a challenge? Now it's easy as ever... I just wish Star players made a difference. Like a star DE should blow up a OL every once in a while or a Star corner should shutdown Wr's for the most part
Old 10-16-2010, 06:56 AM   #14
Banned

cr00v's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
a star DE should blow up a OL every once in a while or a Star corner should shutdown Wr's for the most part
this.

what's hurting on the defensive side of the ball is that it's hard as hell to get pressure with your front four. if you can't get pressure with them, then there's no reason to mix up the blitz and be creative, because you have to blitz on every. freaking. play. just to get a stop.

I'm glad they tuned the OL blocking up, but seriously, we are unable to get pressure with our DL the entire game!?!?
Old 10-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #15
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Disagree.

I'm having good final scores. Some games are 14-13 or even 10-7.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »