Home

Throwing to Outside Receivers...

This is a discussion on Throwing to Outside Receivers... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Throwing to Outside Receivers...

i gotta be honest, i user catch most of the time but after reading these posts about letting the "ratings matter" i am going to leave user catch alone for a few games and see what happens.
GO BEARS

Cardinals suck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

I've had no problems with this, but it is true that slot receivers/TEs get open much more.

Hooks, Curls, Streaks, fades, corner routes, outs, almost anything over the middle (drags, ins, crossing routes, even posts to a lesser extent), and some screens (although I think WR screens in this game are way too hard, there are a couple that work nicely).

I've had 1000 yards receivers when I get a good number 1. You just have to recognize the defense and be able to attack accordingly. You can't expect every route to be open (although it does seem like TEs and slot guys are always open). It would be nearly perfect if TEs and slot guys were as well covered as the outside receivers.

And if you're still having trouble, just go strong slot sub... real teams do it all the time.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Well, the problem obviously cant be with the programming of the game itself. If it was than there wouldn't be guys posting that they CAN and DO hit the outside wrs all the time.

Its something with the way you're executing your plays man.

Oh, and add me to the list of the guys who utilize outside wideouts religiously. I can hit just about any play regardless if the d is playing zone or man. Its timing. No user catching either.

Last edited by TheCreep; 10-11-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #28
Rookie

Bigman815's Arena

OVR: 5

To get them touches I usually move them to the slot.

But recently, Ive been able to get them touches on drags, slants, and if the defender doesn't jump on it, the curl is effective.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #29
Rookie

dray8theman's Arena

OVR: 0

Don't mean to be redundant but hitting the outside is something that is very easy for me even on the harder levels.

It has a lot to do with where you are on the hash mark and the plays you call. If I towards the left hash mark and I try to throw an out to my #2 receiver, it'll be difficult because the spacing is very narrow and it allows the corner to only cover a certain amount of space, whereas if I call an out to my #1 wideout, more often than not, he will be able to make the cut, catch the ball and good good YAC and vice versa.

Also, if I'm in the middle of the field I like hook and post routes. It's all about timing. I usually throw to my receivers before they make the cuts and then they just catch up to the ball. On the easier levels I'll throw it after they make the cut. But usually when I hear people say things like I can't throw to this back or receiver is has to do with spacing and the playcalling.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #30
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkysmooth
If they aren't open the CPU defender will likely make a play on it anyway. You act like user catching the ball or making an adjustment as the user with a WR is cheating somehow.
It's your game. Play it any way you like. For me user catching makes the passing game too easy, as it seems to ignore your receiver's ratings and go more off your timing with the gamepad. Which can mean way more completions than that receiver might have otherwise had. But it's just an opinion. Everyone should play the game the way that brings them most enjoyment.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:55 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 10

For one I dont see user catching as cheating. Actually I dropped a lot of balls early on in my dynasty trying to user catch, crucial drops and my guys where wide open!!!

but as far as moving my #1 to the slot and all that I dont do it. I havent had a prob gettin the rock to my outsides and I play on Heisman My outside guys usually get 1000 yards a piece while my slots get anywhere from 400 to 800 yards. I run them on post and slants and precision pass and with my slots I run verticles and corners. If your good at reading defense then it shouldnt be hard to throw to the outside its a matter of placing the ball in the right spot in the whole of the defense but of course you'll need a pretty accurate passer.

I will say this tho at times I only have trouble when the computer goes man press on me then it seems like no one is open but if u can buy some time they'll get open!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

7 out of 10 times I will have more yards receiving with my #3 WR then both my #1 and #2 WR combined.

WR #3 runs a lot more slant routes overall while #1 usually is running Go's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »