Home

"Academic Prestige" Question

This is a discussion on "Academic Prestige" Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
"Academic Prestige" Question

I can usually rely on a couple pitches as Pitt, namely Academic Prestige and Athletic Facilities. But in two dynasties I've noticed that Academic Prestige has lowered itself, now at an B+ from its A+ at first.

Is Academic Prestige tied into how many players graduate each year? The reason I ask is that I tend to over recruit my first year, and had to cut some JR's and SR's that would never see the field. If you cut a player before he graduates, does that negatively effect Academic Prestige?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
Rookie

Sori's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: "Academic Prestige" Question

I read somewhere in some game guide that Academics is completely random this year about going up or down. There is nothing you can do to control it.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

From the EA blog:

Academic Prestige - There is a percentage chance that this grade will go up or down a half letter grade each season. A team's performance does not factor in to the pitch changes.
Campus Lifestyle - This pitch does not change, The Grove at Ole Miss will always be a great draw.
Coach Experience - This pitch has a small percentage chance of increasing every year. This one never decreases.
Coach Prestige - The ability to meet contract goals in an offline dynasty is the main factor in determining this pitch. For online dynasties that don't have coach contracts, team prestige is used (i.e. better schools = better chance of moving up in prestige).
Conference Prestige - This is static for each conference, the team can only change their value by changing conferences.
Championship Contender/Fan Base/ Facilities/ Pro Factory - The team's previous year's performance (i.e. win/loss record, final rank, etc.) are the key factors that determine if this pitch goes up or down. Basically, it does nothing but help you to win your games J
Program Stability - Changes are based on a combination of the coach's prestige and current contract length in offline dynasties (team prestige in online dynasty)
Program Tradition - A high final ranking in the final polls compared to the current pitch value determines if there is a change in the pitch value.
Television Exposure - the more regionally and nationally televised games that are played (and more importantly won) are the main factor in determining a change to this pitch.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
From the EA blog:

Academic Prestige - There is a percentage chance that this grade will go up or down a half letter grade each season. A team's performance does not factor in to the pitch changes.
Campus Lifestyle - This pitch does not change, The Grove at Ole Miss will always be a great draw.
Coach Experience - This pitch has a small percentage chance of increasing every year. This one never decreases.
Coach Prestige - The ability to meet contract goals in an offline dynasty is the main factor in determining this pitch. For online dynasties that don't have coach contracts, team prestige is used (i.e. better schools = better chance of moving up in prestige).
Conference Prestige - This is static for each conference, the team can only change their value by changing conferences.
Championship Contender/Fan Base/ Facilities/ Pro Factory - The team's previous year's performance (i.e. win/loss record, final rank, etc.) are the key factors that determine if this pitch goes up or down. Basically, it does nothing but help you to win your games J
Program Stability - Changes are based on a combination of the coach's prestige and current contract length in offline dynasties (team prestige in online dynasty)
Program Tradition - A high final ranking in the final polls compared to the current pitch value determines if there is a change in the pitch value.
Television Exposure - the more regionally and nationally televised games that are played (and more importantly won) are the main factor in determining a change to this pitch.
Thanks for the info, guess it's random at best.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Mine just went down from B+ to C+ in one season. I thought it was tied to not having many guys leave early, but I have never had a player leave early in 9 seasons. I only had 9 seniors leave so I think that is what brought it down
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #6
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36

I thought that I heard that it was related to Awareness.?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4

It is total luck.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #8
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

LOL it's funny that after an explanation has been posted, people are still guessing and speculating. Just look a couple posts up, the dude didn't post all that for his own entertainment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »