Home

Just realized how bad CPU recruiting is

This is a discussion on Just realized how bad CPU recruiting is within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2010, 01:50 PM   #9
Rookie

demondecs21's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Just realized how bad CPU recruiting is

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddguuns
Well, this is amusing. Last night, after three years at Buffalo, and an invite to the ACC; I quit and took the Arizona State job. Guess what I found when I took over...

19 HBs
13 ROLBs
22 WRs
5 Ks
0 Ps
0 FBs
0 LEs
0 RTs
0 LGs
0 RGs

WTH?!?!?!

What an Fing disaster to recruit to in my first offseason. Needless to say, I moved a lot of players and ended up cutting more than 10 HBs who were FR and SO over 75.

I don't get it.

holy mother of everything that sounds wait scratch that..IS a disaster.

How in the hell do some of these teams even compete 5-10 years down the road with that depth chart?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddguuns
Well, this is amusing. Last night, after three years at Buffalo, and an invite to the ACC; I quit and took the Arizona State job. Guess what I found when I took over...

19 HBs
13 ROLBs
22 WRs
5 Ks
0 Ps
0 FBs
0 LEs
0 RTs
0 LGs
0 RGs
That's so outrageous I almost don't even believe you.

Bravo, EA.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

I'm not saying there's not a problem, but walk-ons at Fullback isn't really that big of a problem.

A lot of the original rosters don't have any fullbacks...because a lot of team playbooks don't use fullbacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #12
Rookie

steelo7703's Arena

OVR: 1

Recruiting is obviously broken and it is a serious issue in the game. I just came upon the realization myself and I am happy that others are seeing this issue. Oklahoma had 4 out of the top 10 QB's commit in one season. (The season after? 4 more QB's at five and four star) Ohio State had 4 five star recruits at T in one season. I'm sure the situation is worse if I really looked into it and by the looks of other posts, it definitely is! I mean, c'mon EA, how could you screw this up that bad? Get a clue and fix this! Recruiting was never this much of an issue before! It makes playing a dynasty worthless after two to three years!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #13
Rookie

Sori's Arena

OVR: 1

I can not remember how long ago, but it used to be that recruits had some logic. They would not sign with you or it would atleast be very hard to sign a player at a position where you are already loaded. Sometimes it was a little screwy because the the recruits did not recognize class years... like they would not care if you had 4 freshman QB's or 4 seniors, all it saw was 4 QB's and wouldn't be interested because of that. But it was better then what we have now.

Obviously that logic has been removed.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

I haven't gotten that far in the dynasty, but it's starting to make me want to pick up NCAA 10 again.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #15
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelo7703
Recruiting is obviously broken and it is a serious issue in the game. I just came upon the realization myself and I am happy that others are seeing this issue. Oklahoma had 4 out of the top 10 QB's commit in one season. (The season after? 4 more QB's at five and four star)...
I've just began to notice this exact same thing. I've been trying to recruit that program changing QB for the last two years in dynasty. Last year USC signed 3 of the Top 10 QBs. Logically I think OK, I don't have to worry about them anymore when I see them tops on a few of this year's top QBs. What happens? They go and sign another pair of 5* and 4* QBs during the season and have offered another 5* QB as offseason recruiting has begun.

Unfortunately I'm starting to notice the many discrepancies showing up in this entire thread. I thought this was supposed to be addressed with either the patch or one of the tuner packs. This game is far too good to have the experience ruined by things like this.

PSN: Sixty5South
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #16
Rookie

maddguuns's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
That's so outrageous I almost don't even believe you.

Bravo, EA.
It was a laugh out loud moment. The thing to remember is that this was after the graduating seniors went away. So I took the job thinking it had all these high ratings at some of these positions to find they all graduated and this was all I was left with.

Now, I ask...if I am running the team, and I am missing my minimums, the computer gives me garbage walk-ons...is this not happening for computer-controlled teams? For this many HB's, WR's, and OLB's, some stuff must be less than the minimum, wouldn't you think?

Oh, and the funniest part, was that three of my HB's were between 75 and 80 as sophomores, now they are my top three corners, all rated as 76. I say man, can we just recruit three of the same guy please? Wow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »