Home

Just realized how bad CPU recruiting is

This is a discussion on Just realized how bad CPU recruiting is within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Just realized how bad CPU recruiting is

Here is a slight workaround ( Annoying, but EA won't fix it) During the preseason. I change the low, med and High recruiting option for position for the teams in my conference. This will allow the team to not get trigger happy with 10 qb's.. Will I do it with every team? No, but I want my conference teams to have balance.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:18 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

At what point does the game become unplayable?

Do you notice it 4 years down the road when you are playing a team stacked with all these QB's and no linemen?
Old 10-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #19
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
While they definitely recruit way too many QBs and too many at other positions, but I don't think that has anything to do with getting walkon kickers/punters. There aren't enough kickers/punters to go around and most of them are 1 *s that aren't any better than walkons.
True but from what i've seen teams do the exact same thing with Kickers/Punters. I've seen Bama sign 2 of the top 5 Kickers before.

Stuff like this is the reason I only play ODs where most people are in the same conference. Less I have to deal with cpu controlled teams the better.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 10

Whats funny...is you guys just finding out about this. Should have checked in about 2 months ago.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #21
OS Supporter

BOSKY!'s Arena

OVR: 7

I knew this happened but I just got the job at Miami after taking UCF to the top. I take a look at my depth chart and have 0 O-line me of any value but 11 QB's. I cut 6 of the QB's just to get to 70 players and recruited O-Line like crazy.

Here is the funny part, after season 1 I had 2 scholarships left and a 5 star QB had me number one on his list and I couldn't pass. Now I have 6 QB's and need to cut one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeallyn
I knew this happened but I just got the job at Miami after taking UCF to the top. I take a look at my depth chart and have 0 O-line me of any value but 11 QB's. I cut 6 of the QB's just to get to 70 players and recruited O-Line like crazy.

Here is the funny part, after season 1 I had 2 scholarships left and a 5 star QB had me number one on his list and I couldn't pass. Now I have 6 QB's and need to cut one.
how far were you into the dynasty? Curious cause I am about to start a new one with UAB and then eventually move on to a bigger school....but if this happens, might just have to constantly restart the dynasty...
Old 10-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #23
Rookie

steelo7703's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
Whats funny...is you guys just finding out about this. Should have checked in about 2 months ago.
I agree, but I only bought the game two weeks ago. I got used to in game play the first week and then started focusing on recruiting last week. It's sad really, how EA tried to make recruiting better and F'd it all up...
Old 10-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #24
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I was going to make this thread last night but I knew there was another one floating around. I didn't even get through all the teams because it was so disheartening. But Bowling Green and Georgia Tech alone had a combined 22 QBs and 30 receivers (which is double amusing considering GTech's offense).

The problem isn't so much that there are too many QBs, it's that they can't be moved to another position without being completely useless and that the CPU doesn't seem to move non-athletes to any other position.

The other problem is there should be no kicker/punter recruits rated under 65 regardless of their star rating. It's so annoying winning a game because the CPU missed three field goals and three extra points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »