Home

Player Momentum

This is a discussion on Player Momentum within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Momentum Setting Would you Choose?
Less Momentum (more cut on a dime) 4 12.90%
Average Momentum (same as NCAA 11) 14 45.16%
More Momentum (make players heavier, less control) 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #9
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Player Momentum

i see we have 3 cheesers voting.

anyhow, i think there should be a bit more momentum. it really feels pretty decent right now, so i think they've taken a step in the right direction.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #10
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

I think there should be a bit more momentum w/ animation support. It's cool that defenders are affected, but i would like to see poor route running equal slower/rounded routes so the defender won't get beat due to the offensive player not being affected by momentum. The defender will not have to run his route for good coverage.

I would also like the see decreased catch/swat windows for less suction. Because there is no momentum boundaries or anything it seems.

Last edited by phant030; 10-13-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Title changed to "Player Momentum".
Thanks EG.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Out of all things in NCAA '11, this is the one thing I would like EA to focus on. Many of the complaints about special teams would be remedied by more accurate momentum. For example, on punt returns when a guy is coming at you full speed, you should be able to side step him and take him out of the play. He should fall down or at the very least take a considerable amount of time to completely change direction and pursue.

This is also even more true with quaterbacks in the pocket. My incredible scrambling quarterback (99 in agility) is the same as a pocket passer as long as he's looking downfield. I can't side step or move out of the way if a defender is with a few feet of me. This totally robs him of his athletic advantage. Once in a while I get an automatic animation, but it takes too long to recover and I usually get sacked by the next guy before I can release the ball.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:01 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I did mean individual player momentum. I want more as I think players are still too twitchy. It doesn't look or play as smooth when guys can make moves too easily.
I read "Momentum Meter" and immediately had nightmares. Glad you got the title changed.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #14
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed
Out of all things in NCAA '11, this is the one thing I would like EA to focus on. Many of the complaints about special teams would be remedied by more accurate momentum. For example, on punt returns when a guy is coming at you full speed, you should be able to side step him and take him out of the play. He should fall down or at the very least take a considerable amount of time to completely change direction and pursue.

This is also even more true with quaterbacks in the pocket. My incredible scrambling quarterback (99 in agility) is the same as a pocket passer as long as he's looking downfield. I can't side step or move out of the way if a defender is with a few feet of me. This totally robs him of his athletic advantage. Once in a while I get an automatic animation, but it takes too long to recover and I usually get sacked by the next guy before I can release the ball.
Couldn't say it any better myself.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:07 PM   #15
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Agree with discspeed.

But basically it just needs to be realistic. Things like weight, acceleration/speed/agility ratings need to matter a lot more than they do now. The way it is right now just feels really generic. Some of the ratings are just there for the sake of it and don't really impact anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »