Home

Formation sub tricks..Add yours here.

This is a discussion on Formation sub tricks..Add yours here. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Formation sub tricks..Add yours here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I know Virginia Tech plays a SS at OLB in the 4-4. Call him the rover. He's basically a hybrid.
What makes this different than a 4-3?

A 4-3 defense has: LE, RE, LDT, RDT, RCB, LCB, FS, MLB, ROLB, LOLB, SS
A 4-4 defense has: LE, RE, LDT, RDT, RCB, LCB, FS, MLB, MLB, ROLB, LOLB.

I really don't understand why people keep referring to VTech as some sort of weird special defense if it's just a 4-4 with a safety that plays closer to the line, and probably only because VTech can't get a front 7 good enough to stop the run and rush the passer.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
I do the same thing to sub a Safety into one of my LB positions in the 3-2-6. The Quarters defense is just terrible.
Great Idea. I find that the LB in the 3-2-6 has a tough time covering the HB or the 5th wr. Formation sub allows me to recruit the slower, hard hitting safteis with decent coverage skills. They are better than a coverage LB against the pass.

I also try to get as may non starters on special teams. Now that in-season progression works, speacial teams is a great way to increase ratings for the back ups.

Last edited by Starter; 10-14-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #11
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

Nebraska uses a Saftey as a Linebacker in their Peso Defense.. Its pretty much a hybrid guy playing the 3rd corner in the Nickel..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 11:00 PM   #12
Banned

cr00v's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter
I formation sub SS to the OLB position in the 4-4 defense. This gives me the 4-2-5 in the 4-3 playbook. The plays are exactly the same. Now I can run 4-3 as my base and go 4-2-5 in certain situations.
Wouldn't their AWR be all screwy?
Old 10-14-2010, 11:21 PM   #13
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

In Dime Normal, sub out the middle linebacker for the best available coverage DB. This should significantly improve your defense is obvious passing situations, especially online, where most completions would be on that slow linebacker.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:48 AM   #14
Rookie

NDNathan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisgator
This may be cheap, but I love doing it.

When I'm Florida I make 4-5 moves. I put Andre Debose as my I-Form Flex QB and run plays with him. No I don't run constant load options or any of that. Sometimes I'll just hand it off or toss it to Demps. My goal is to try and confuse my opponent. I also put him in Gator Heavy and run 4-5 plays from that formation.

QB Sweep
WR Jet Sweep
Jet Option
QB Blast

But my favorite, and probably most surprising to my opponent: z-screen. My WR comes in motion like the jet option, but I pass it to him with Debose. Unless it's manually covered by my opponent, I can usually get a first down with it. I ran it last night online with Auburn as my first play of the game and took it 80 yards to the house.

I also pick 3-4 other shotgun formations with Debose at QB. I've been running a ton of read options lately with some good success. Plus, when my opponent sees my offensive package in the play selection area they'll think I'm coming out with Debose at QB. Then wham! It's Brantley. If they had a run blitz set up I can exploit. It also helps that I run WR jet sweeps and read options (where I always hand it off) with Brantley too.

If I mix it up good enough I can keep my opponent guessing. When I bring out 3 WR sets and my opponent doesn't know who my QB is I practically start giggling. As the game progresses I mix in some play action, and boy does that begin to work nicely.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:53 AM   #15
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNathan
OK, just because he used "Florida", "Gator Heavy", and "formation sub" in the same sentence doesnt mean its cheese, right? Right?!

Actually this doesnt seem to be cheese. At least you're using multiple plays from GH, and are using a variety of QB's and plays from other formations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 02:56 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Probably cheese because it nets about ten yards per play. I use Mississippi State's playbook, which has a pitch option out of the wildcat, and have my quickest receiver take the snap and put a scat back as the motion man. Either keep it as a player with 95-99 speed and agility, or pitch it to a player with 95-99 speed and agility.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »