Home

Simming defense vs. Playing defese: DEBATE

This is a discussion on Simming defense vs. Playing defese: DEBATE within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Simming defense vs. Playing defese: DEBATE

I've noticed that my defense plays better and keeps the game in more manageable and winnable situations when I sim instead of play defense. I consider myself a defensive minded player and use plenty of defensive hot routes and shifts/audibles; however, I find that (on Heisman with default sliders), simming defense causes the computer to have much more 3 and outs than when I play and get lucky off of fumbles/interceptions.

Has anyone here noticed that defense is easier (especially on Heisman, where the computer usually cheats a little more) when you sim rather than play? I love playing defense but I refuse to tinkle with sliders when my CB gets turned around and is separated 15 yards from their star WR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2010, 11:59 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Simming defense vs. Playing defese: DEBATE

Just know that if you sim defense and play offense, you're going to have crazy T.O.P. numbers because the automatic clock run-off that happens between plays completely disappears while supersimming (even if you supersim watch the play), not to mention no time is simulated for picking the plays.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

Like Pogo said, simming defense really screws with the clock. I used to sim the defense...on like the first game I played. Then I noticed that there was barely any time missing from the clock when I got the ball back, especially if it was a 3 and out.

Also, I like having complete control the whole time. My hatred for the CPU keeps me from giving it control over my defense for any amount of time.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #4
Banned

cr00v's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm also a defensive player, so I too usually sim since the CPU cheats.

But I quit simming the second that their offense starts to drive. 100% of the time their successful drives end in touchdowns if you sim. At least if you play you give yourself a chance of stopping them. Of course that chance is slim to none.

IMO this is the worst aspect of the game. Defense is just too damn hard. I think a lot has to be blamed on how well the OL blocks, but I'm kidding no one if I said that blown coverages missed assignments didn't happen at the most inconvenient times.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Sometimes, I feel that I have absolutely no control when playing defense. If the cpu is tearing me up with the run, I'll play a 4-3 or 4-4 and pinch my d-line. And you know what? It doesn't matter. If the cpu wants to run, there will be a massive hole in the middle. The blocking is picture perfect, including linemen getting to the second level and dominating my lb's. Pass coverage is just totally hit or miss, and sometimes just plain random. I don't understand how I can rush 3, have 8 men in zone coverage, yet theres no one within 15 yards of the wr that catches the ball. There just seems to be no rhyme for reason for alot of the things that take place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 02:10 PM   #6
Rookie

yeah I never super sim unless its late and the game and its a blow out.

But to Scrapps point I feel the same way. Normally, I feel my D is good and provides a good competition for the offense. Then there are some possessions where my team just gets owned, and not necessarily when I am playing a good team.

A few games, playing 2 star or lower programs, their O line will just throw around my 90+ rated DL's or my 85+ rated DB's will run in the total opposite direction of where the football is going. Its not every poessession but usually at least 1-2 possessions a game.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #7
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

in all honesty i am getting to the point where i want to sim offense and play defense because i feel like i can get the cpu offense balanced slider wise, but the levels of frustration i feel seeing the cpu defense generate as many as 10-20 often ridiculous deflected passes in a game moving my completion percentage into the 30's is making me want to microwave the disc.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
Banned

cr00v's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversityofArizona
in all honesty i am getting to the point where i want to sim offense and play defense because i feel like i can get the cpu offense balanced slider wise, but the levels of frustration i feel seeing the cpu defense generate as many as 10-20 often ridiculous deflected passes in a game moving my completion percentage into the 30's is making me want to microwave the disc.
maybe you should start sitting in the pocket and reading the defense

just a thought

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »