Home

Zone Defense

This is a discussion on Zone Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Zone Defense

Check this play out....
Is it this game, or do players playing a zone defense not react to the WR in real life as well? Are zone defenses really that strict? I know I called a zone defense, but where does common sense take over? It's obvious the reciver is left wide open, but the guy on my defense is still sitting their playing his zone. My defense reacted to the ball after they made the catch...Just wondering if in real football zones are always that strict?
By the way, I called a Dbl Corner Pinch out of the Dime 3-2-6 in the 3-4 playbook.

My thing is that if you pause it at 2 seconds, the guy underneath just stays in his zone even though the WR cuts in front of him...I know its not man defense, but again where does common sense take over? It's obvious noone is in that zone he's trying to cover, so why dosen't he slide over and keep up with the WR? Are Zone defenses in real life football really that strict? The entire point of playing defense it to try to stop the offense, so why stay in his zone if noone is even there for him to cover?

This was actully the last play of the game...I was leading 13-10, but he won the game on this touchdown....He drove the ball 98 yards with no timeouts left and won the game. I wish I would have called a time out so he would have maybe kicked a field goal and went to OT...or I could have atleast saw what offense he came out in and then picked a better play on defense...He was no huddling down the field obviosuly, so I didn't have a lot of time to pick my defense.

I don't care that I got beat, I am just wondering if zone defense is really that strict in real life?

Sliders are at default...All American Difficulty....

Last edited by TN - BRAVES FAN; 10-15-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Zone Defense

It actually looks like he does react to the WR. He follows him over a bit and stops right in front of him while the receiver begins making his cut. I think it's the throw he doesn't react to in time, which may be part of the zone coverage rating or the awareness rating of that particular defender.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Zone Defense

Zone D in this game isnt very good. Anytime that I have used Zone D, I have always blitzed off of it to create pressure on the QB. If you cannot get pressure on the QB, and your playing a team that has a decent QB, a pass will be completed 8 or 9 out of 10 times.

For me personally, most of the time that I want to run zone, I call a D where only a couple players drop into zone. It pretty easy to read and beat a zone D in this game, no matter how you change sliders or how good the DB's/LB's zone D coverage is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »