Home

How cool would it be if coordinators were in the game?

This is a discussion on How cool would it be if coordinators were in the game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
How cool would it be if coordinators were in the game?

It seems no matter what I do I can't recruit or play defense. So like in Madden it would be cool if you could hire coordinators. So say you want to hire a REALLY good d coordinator he'll have 92 overall on defense, 83 on recruiting, and 89 discipline. But like real-life if there's a job opening like head coach at Michigan they might jump to that. Say if your rival school and you can never handle this guy if you had a offensive coordinator with 94 overall you could probably beat him. Another way to balance out the effect is if your coordinators specialty is 3-4 if you ran a 4-3 it would automatically decrease your coordinators effect on defense.

There would also be ratings like: ingenuity, luckiness(Les Miles 99 overall), risk taking, development(like how Lane Kiffin developed Barkley and Crompton), calling, and likability. Likability would affect his relationship with your coach which in turn make it more likely that he would take another job.

I don't like recruiting so I simmed. If I was a defensive minded coach my coordinators recruiting overall would only affect the defensive recruiting. There would also be a budget so you can't get the top offensive and defensive coordinators unless if your stadium is selling out every game.

This overall would give the game another dimension of depth when rebuilding programs or if your trying to stay on top. It would also be an incentive to add suspensions like the previous generations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
Rookie

demondecs21's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How cool would it be if coordinators were in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdwills3521
It seems no matter what I do I can't recruit or play defense. So like in Madden it would be cool if you could hire coordinators. So say you want to hire a REALLY good d coordinator he'll have 92 overall on defense, 83 on recruiting, and 89 discipline. But like real-life if there's a job opening like head coach at Michigan they might jump to that. Say if your rival school and you can never handle this guy if you had a offensive coordinator with 94 overall you could probably beat him. Another way to balance out the effect is if your coordinators specialty is 3-4 if you ran a 4-3 it would automatically decrease your coordinators effect on defense.

There would also be ratings like: ingenuity, luckiness(Les Miles 99 overall), risk taking, development(like how Lane Kiffin developed Barkley and Crompton), calling, and likability. Likability would affect his relationship with your coach which in turn make it more likely that he would take another job.

I don't like recruiting so I simmed. If I was a defensive minded coach my coordinators recruiting overall would only affect the defensive recruiting. There would also be a budget so you can't get the top offensive and defensive coordinators unless if your stadium is selling out every game.

This overall would give the game another dimension of depth when rebuilding programs or if your trying to stay on top. It would also be an incentive to add suspensions like the previous generations.
Very cool idea, i know someone on here said something about trying to bring the college coaching carousel to the game also would be great if you could make your team of coaches but as far as Barkley goes im not sold haha.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demondecs21
Very cool idea, i know someone on here said something about trying to bring the college coaching carousel to the game also would be great if you could make your team of coaches but as far as Barkley goes im not sold haha.
Understandable. He still has some developments to go. But if you compare him to last year he doesn't target one guy anymore. He goes through his progression smoothly and has a pretty good pump fake.

It would also be cool if there was a rating for making your players play past there ability(Brian Kelly at Cincinnati). There's also specializing at positions like a wicked secondary.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Zasnow's Arena

I've always wanted them in the game.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #5
Rookie

hawkeyebred2332's Arena

OVR: 2

I actually disagree. The last thing I want in this game is staffing decisions and other features of and "AD mode". I play NCAA BECAUSE it isn't watered down like Madden, with ticket prices and staffing decisions and promotions and on and on (note: note sure if Madden still has owner mode as I don't play it anymore).

If they introduce an AD mode as the main mode, and/or introduce assistant coaches and things like that into dynasty, it may prevent me from buying in the future. I just don't think its a fit with the college football games. Let's focus on improving actual gameplay and making recruiting deeper.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyebred2332
I actually disagree. The last thing I want in this game is staffing decisions and other features of and "AD mode". I play NCAA BECAUSE it isn't watered down like Madden, with ticket prices and staffing decisions and promotions and on and on (note: note sure if Madden still has owner mode as I don't play it anymore).

If they introduce an AD mode as the main mode, and/or introduce assistant coaches and things like that into dynasty, it may prevent me from buying in the future. I just don't think its a fit with the college football games. Let's focus on improving actual gameplay and making recruiting deeper.
How would it make it watered down? Including this would make dynasty more in-depth than ever. This would make it more strategic and would allow a wider variety of decisions while making it easier for the average player. So if I wanted a offensive oriented team I just hire a good offensive coordinator. Which in turn affect recruiting because you could recruit more offensive players.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Sori's Arena

OVR: 1

Coordinators and Coaching carousel... has been on every NCAA wishlist for the last decade.. for whatever reason EA has always ignored it.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sori
Coordinators and Coaching carousel... has been on every NCAA wishlist for the last decade.. for whatever reason EA has always ignored it.
I know but this is my idea on how to execute it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »