Home

Three Months In And Still Rolling

This is a discussion on Three Months In And Still Rolling within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 28
Three Months In And Still Rolling

As an avid gamer, over the years my sports titles have received lots of love at launch but as the season progresses (real time season that is i.e. NFL, NCAA, NHL, etc.) my time with a specific game wanes. Especially when non-sports games are released.

It's been a long time since I have spent so much time on one sports game, especially a football game. Typically, I will play three to four single seasons with different teams and call it a day. However, NCAA 11 has me hooked.

No matter how much I play I have not received the flash of boredom and strikes after multiple plays. I am in an Online Dynasty and have played 124 games. This doesn't include many exhibition games and several online ranked games.

Many people measure a game by the options it provides. To me, fun is the greatest measuring stick of all.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Three Months In And Still Rolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
As an avid gamer, over the years my sports titles have received lots of love at launch but as the season progresses (real time season that is i.e. NFL, NCAA, NHL, etc.) my time with a specific game wanes. Especially when non-sports games are released.

It's been a long time since I have spent so much time on one sports game, especially a football game. Typically, I will play three to four single seasons with different teams and call it a day. However, NCAA 11 has me hooked.

No matter how much I play I have not received the flash of boredom and strikes after multiple plays. I am in an Online Dynasty and have played 124 games. This doesn't include many exhibition games and several online ranked games.

Many people measure a game by the options it provides. To me, fun is the greatest measuring stick of all.....
Agreed. This game has it's problems but EA has stretched the play time of this greatly.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

This game is a blast, for sure.

The problem I have is that I have too many good sports games and not enough time to play them all. I have NCAA 11, Madden 11, NHL 11, NBA 2K11 and MLB 10 The Show. I'll go 2-3 weeks without playing some of those games ... not because I don't like them, it's just that I don't have time.

The good thing is that since I'm not blowing through games in 1-2 months, these games should keep me busy well into next year.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 10-16-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Agreed...

I got 5 months out of "The Show" and I'd be suprised if NCAA 11 doesn't rival that...

It has some flaws, but it's notable that it's made me lose my desire to even purchase Madden this year for only the second time in over a decade...
Old 10-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

This is the most I've played an NCAA games since NCAA 07 on the PS2. I'm in year 8 (2017) of my offline dynasty. I get realistic stats and I get a challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Disagree, stopped playing a little under a month ago. There is just way too many problems with dynasty mode for me to enjoy the game.

EA definitely made their best football game this generation with NCAA 11, but that isn't saying much really. Presentation is still lacking, gameplay is still all EA'd up, animations are not great and are very repetitive, dynasty mode is still very stale, etc. The only thing this game continues to excel at is graphics.

Not to come off like I hate the game. I did enjoy it, but the dynasty mode being as flawed as it is really hurts the game for me and the game still has gameplay problems that EA has never been able to correct while other developers have.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »