Home

No Fun Anymore

This is a discussion on No Fun Anymore within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2010, 10:18 PM   #25
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: No Fun Anymore

I still love this game. Just upset #14 Michigan at the Big House 28-14 in the year 2017 of my Indiana dynasty. My quarterback is a RS JR from Grand Rapids, Michigan who was never recruited by Michigan. He comes back to his home state and beats the Wolverines. I love creating storylines in my dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #26
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14

i like some of these opinions. i like the online dynasty thing but they just fall apart so fast because of corrupt commishs, that one guy that messes it up. the sliders thing ill check out. im a power run type guy or a read option guy and the read option doesnt work. the "smart blocking" is broken to me because the logic of the blocking isnt right a good majority of the time.

Example,
Lined up in the I-Form, heavy package, running hb slash, The defense is in a base 3-4 D. hb is suppose to take the "A GAP" between guard and tackle, right side, fullback is suppose to take the OLB, Guard takes on the middle linebacker while the tackle and tight end double the de on both sides. that leaves an olb on the backside to have to fight his way through the play. i hike the ball and the play goes as planned until the FB starts jerking and runs away, that leaves an unblocked olb, the G, Runs up to the MLB and then turns in a circle i get tackled at the LOS. Seriously? i know not every play goes as planned but for ur players to blatantly not even block anyone. And remember that olb that was unblock intentionally on the backside. well he is motion shifted and he zooms through the line and trips over my guard that turns around

#fail
Old 10-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

yeah try the slider mods. It had the players play more towards their attributes. If you leave the sliders at default, it tends to level out players and make bad players better and better players worse. Also, you'll want change the game threshold to 0....it just more realistic and you wont have DE's catching ur 98 spd HB from behind...
Old 10-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #28
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14

the threshold thing i think that was the first setting i changed when i bought the game. its not as bad when u play others. im just hoping i find a really good OD i can stick with that is SIM, but at the same time doesnt handcuff you so much because ive seen leagues where they will say " you can onl blitz on certain downs" or you cant run play action on 3rd down, you can only recrit this many players or some crazy stuff like that. i am sim but im not a fanatic like that. but also a dynasty where i dont have to get a top tier program to compete because its no fun to maintain a program where u get 22 5 star guys and you dominate.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

man i luv this game....

just lastnight i played a Alumni Texas team and Earl Campbell, Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson and Vince young in an option attack ran for 200+ yards on me.

It was a thing of beauty trying to slow them down.....Campbell was just trucking defenders all game

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-19-2010, 05:50 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Get yourself in a good online dynasty and it's a whole new ball game.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #31
Rookie

Tha_Jackal's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Get yourself in a good online dynasty and it's a whole new ball game.
This is the best answer on here. Good sliders is a close second.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #32
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
i just feel like i wasted $65 bucks. the game looks great but plays like 65% of the time the game play sucks. sliders wont help morphing/sliding/motion shifting, and wont sotp the cpu from cheating
Couldn't disagree more. In my limited gaming time, I've played about 70 games since the release. Literally, this is the only game I've played since it's come out. And I really liked Madden 10, NHL 10, FIFA World Cup 10 and NBA 2k10. But I'm drawn to NCAA 11 even more. The fun factor is unparalleled.

Sure, there's flaws. It boils down to this: I can live with them.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »