Home

Triple Option Play (Flexbone)

This is a discussion on Triple Option Play (Flexbone) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7
Triple Option Play (Flexbone)

Anyone have any success with this play? It takes forever to set up and I usually get sacked or toss the ball backwards to my RB for a bigger loss or fumble lol. The only time it works for me is in a 3rd and goal at the 1 yard line because you can just hold X and give it to the FB for an easy TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Triple Option Play (Flexbone)

yeah, it takes too long to do the fake with the full back. i was using navy and after the first 2 games i never used the trip option again because it never worked.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
Pro

nwfdwill's Arena

OVR: 10

What playbook is this in? I like using this formation to drop it off to the FB, but I've had success with it in the past. It works best if you have a scrambling QB, I've found. I've had some success with it with a pocket passer. The most important thing is to run the play to the stronger side of your line.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:31 AM   #4
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

It's in Navy's playbook. There's like 50 forms of this play in it.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

What are y'all having trouble with? The reads? the give? the pitch? If you're playing online you definately have to watch it and pass the ball to loosen up the defense, because as soon as you come out in a flexbone formation they're going to be sending their run blitzes to come after you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
Rookie

MichaelCook17's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CObra-la
What are y'all having trouble with? The reads? the give? the pitch? If you're playing online you definately have to watch it and pass the ball to loosen up the defense, because as soon as you come out in a flexbone formation they're going to be sending their run blitzes to come after you.
For me it's just how slow the play develops, as soon as I pass the FB, it seems my line has already collapsed and I have to salvage yards or pray my HB can get the pitch and bust out.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Ok, Im definitely not saying Im the best at the flexbone, but I've been running the playbook for about 3 yrs now.

It takes some patience, like I said, as soon as the defense sees that your are in the flexbone formation, they're going to send their run blitzes at you. So working them with the Quick Slants and Play Action gets them worried about the pass to set up the run. And you have to mix it up.

As for the Triple Option, its not built for you to run every down, I use it about 3 times a game; and you HAVE to look at the blocking scheme, if the LBers arent blocked you might as well give it up. I usually audible to something else when I see that.

If the play is happening to slow I usually just follow the B-back with the QB and gain about 2 to 3 yrds just to get away from that backside end.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #8
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

If you are looking for tips follow the link in my sig and watch some of the videos. It sounds like the O Line is just bad. I run the flex 90% of the time and I do not have any of these problems.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »