Home

Is it possible to successfully recruit a player...

This is a discussion on Is it possible to successfully recruit a player... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2010, 02:37 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Is it possible to successfully recruit a player...

...that isn't interested in you in preseason? By successfully I mean have him commit to you. I've always targeted players that have me listed in his top 10 and usually I only recruit ones where I'm in the top 5. That said, in my dynasty I really need depth at RB and there's only a few that are interested in me and I don't really like any of them(low rated and they don't fit my style). So I'm basically forced to take a chance on ones that aren't interested in me at all.. so is it possible for any of them to commit to me by the end of the season?
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2010, 03:07 AM   #2
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is it possible to successfully recruit a player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
...that isn't interested in you in preseason? By successfully I mean have him commit to you. I've always targeted players that have me listed in his top 10 and usually I only recruit ones where I'm in the top 5. That said, in my dynasty I really need depth at RB and there's only a few that are interested in me and I don't really like any of them(low rated and they don't fit my style). So I'm basically forced to take a chance on ones that aren't interested in me at all.. so is it possible for any of them to commit to me by the end of the season?
Yes. I snagged 4 3-stars with my 1-star team and none of them had me listed when the season started. This was on AA difficulty. But understand it takes a commitment. I only got 6 recruits that year because I went after guys way out of my league. Luckily I landed a few and they have been contributing starters as freshmen. But you'll be dumping an hour into each recruit almost the whole way to get them.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:43 AM   #3
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

^^I agree 100% but if your not a big school (even if you are) you have to keep him from signing before the regular season is over... if you can keep him from signing until the offseason your chance of getting him increases... but you have keep the other school's bar low which is a task when it comes to the computer on Heisman because it seems they always have good weeks.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I've had a lot of success going after guys who do not have me in their initial top 10.

I sign about 4 or 5 guys like this every year. The key is to throw a lot at them early, even a scholarship offer, and maybe a promise or two. Do this for a couple of weeks...If you are not in their top 10 after 2 to 3 weeks, move on. You'll know very quickly if you're wasting your time or not.

I especially have success with this late in the year with 2 and 3 star guys who have not narrowed their list down from 10 yet. I like to go after fast 2 star defensive guys to play special teams for me and most of them come from this method late in the year. I am going after a 5-11 200 pound MLB right now that is a 2-star but has 4.30 speed. He'll have a terrible LB rating but he'll be a beast running down on kickoff team.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yes it is possible. You just have to make sure your recruting players that actually want to come to your school. Just sort them so the highest interested are up top and make sure every play you recruit has your school at 1st or 2nd. My 3rd year in dynasty i recruited like 30 people do this. I got really lucky because my first week recruting i had like 9 commit just with a scholarship offer. Some seasons recruting is easy and some its hard. Just remember to red shirt freshman. I rarely ever have a freshman on my roster unless he comes out with a great overall or I need skill at a position. And if you need depth dont wait until your star players senior year to recruit. If you cant get a 4 or 5 star. Get a 3 star his junior year. Red shirt him and his overall should go up about 6 points by the time he starts and he will be a freshman. Sometimes you get lucky sometimes you dont. Sometimes i get 3 star recruits with 80 overall. But one dynasty I need CBs badly. Everyone of mine were seniors besides one. I recruited 5 3 star cornings. Every single one had under a 70 overall. So im stuck with 4 CBs with a 67 overall and are freshman. My highest was 76 and my 2nd was 67. My front seven was beast though. Like everyone over 90 but I had not one DB over 76. Can you imagine how bad my pass defense was?

Last edited by christianc5692; 10-20-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Alright thanks guys. I had tried it in past NCAA's, but was never able to get them so I stopped doing it and didn't know if it was even possible.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »