Home

What happens to Notre Dame w/ an invite?

This is a discussion on What happens to Notre Dame w/ an invite? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2010, 02:45 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: What happens to Notre Dame w/ an invite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
This right here ^^. Notre Dame is too big for a conference! :P
I can't agree with this statement...Notre Dame is not nearly as big of a deal as ESPN and everyone else makes them out to be. They've been pretty pedestrian for a while now.
Since the 2005 season, their record is 35-27 (not counting this year's 4-3). Arkansas's record over the same 5 seasons? 35-28 (again, not counting this year's 4-2 start). Add this year's record, and the teams have been exactly identical for the past five season, except Arkansas has one more loss.

And I don't think there's any doubting that Arkansas' SEC schedule has certainly be tougher over the past five seasons. They've played the future NATIONAL CHAMPION in 4 of the 5 seasons. The 1 season they didn't play the future national champion, they played USC in 2005 when they lost to Texas in the national championship game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy666
you lose those rivalries from the schedule and inherit the schedule of the team you replace. the only way of playing those rivalry games is to custom schedule them yourself.
You don't "lose the rivalries." The three rivals that are in the Big Ten are automatically scheduled for you. The other rivals remain schedule-able (and continue to be rivals) through custom schedule. If you play with Notre Dame as an independent, you still have to custom schedule your rivalry...and the game doesn't necessarily automatically schedule ALL of ND's rivals.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #10
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What happens to Notre Dame w/ an invite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I can't agree with this statement...Notre Dame is not nearly as big of a deal as ESPN and everyone else makes them out to be. They've been pretty pedestrian for a while now.
Since the 2005 season, their record is 35-27 (not counting this year's 4-3). Arkansas's record over the same 5 seasons? 35-28 (again, not counting this year's 4-2 start). Add this year's record, and the teams have been exactly identical for the past five season, except Arkansas has one more loss.
Oh certainly anyone with college football knowledge knows ND has been struggling for years now. What I mean is despite that, they are put on a pedestal by fans and the media alike. They garner hefty TV contracts, attention, and adoration/disdain. That's what I mean by "too big for a conference". They are a legendary program that doesn't need to share the spotlight, regardless of how poor they're doing (at least for now). People love to route for them and to hate them all across the nation. I don't see how joining a conference would be in their best interests at this time. If they keep stinking it up for several more years some of that luster may come off to a point where they do need to make a move. But I doubt it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »