Home

What happens to Notre Dame w/ an invite?

This is a discussion on What happens to Notre Dame w/ an invite? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
What happens to Notre Dame w/ an invite?

Do they keep all of their current rivalries? It seems you'd play the same teams each year if this is the case.

Has anyone seen ND join a true conference in NCAA 11?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2010, 08:16 AM   #2
Rookie

Sori's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What happens to Notre Dame w/ an invite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Do they keep all of their current rivalries? It seems you'd play the same teams each year if this is the case.

Rivalries do not change in the game. If your playing a team that changes conferences it is up to you to schedule those rivalries each season if you want to keep playing those teams.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
Rookie

demondecs21's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Cant say Ive played with ND on a dynasty but im sure its possible. But if you are put in a conference you will lose most if not all control of who you get to schedule this may result in a loss of a rivalry game or several.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Original poster here...

The reason I ask this question is that I just finished the 2011 season with a 10-3 record with Virginia. We went 8-5 in 2010 and I've now been offered the following jobs (amazingly):

Notre Dame 3 years 5 stars
Florida 3 years 5 stars
4 year extension with Virgina (now a 4 star program)

It would be nice to stay in VA and use some of the players I've recruited finally, but the best I've brought in are a few 4 stars so nothing to really write home about.

ND is enticing because I'm a traditionalist and would love an old school team like that with great uni's etc. Their downside is that they are not in a conference which sort of leaves me feeling left in the dark. If ND JOINS a conference, I'm worried about playing the same schedule every year.

Florida is enticing because they are a solid program like ND, even more so really, and recruiting in Florida would be great (although I already have a FL pipeline with VA). Playing in the SEC would be fun no doubt.

I run a pro-style offense for the record. I've beaten up on Florida teams the past two years (beat a top 10 FSU team and Miami twice now) which is where I think the FLA job offer comes from. Not sure why ND already after just two seasons with Kelly.

I'm honestly torn. I could stay in VA forever, and told myself I'd only leave if it was for an elite and prestigious program. ND fits that bill, but I'm worried about their schedule and independence. Florida is nice, but is sort of a new school power which isn't quite as appealing. VA is where my NCAA '11 roots are at!

My system is still running as I type this at work. I'll make my decision when I get home today haha.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:38 AM   #5
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36

Take your dream job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2010, 03:55 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Changing conferences between seasons in offline dynasties does not effect a teams' rivalries.

Notre Dame's rivals are as follows: USC, Boston College, Michigan, Michigan State, Navy, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Stanford.

That makes for three Big Ten rivals (the most likely conference for Notre Dame to join), two Pac-10 rivals, one ACC, one Big East, and one Independent.

So, once in the Big Ten, three games are automatically scheduled or not scheduled for you depending on the Big Ten rotation (you won't necessarily always play all 3 between Michigan, Michigan State, and Purdue, but you'll always play at least one, and I think it'd be extremely rare for you to not play at least two).

Then there remain five rivals, but only four non-conference game slots available. I would say the two most important would-be non-conference rivals if ND were to join the Big Ten would be USC and Navy, with Boston College maybe being the third.

For your fourth game you could then rotate Pittsburgh and Stanford.

Of course, you could always put all teams on a rotation where you take turns sitting on out, and by the fifth year, you'll have played each team exactly four times, home twice and away twice.

Then again, you could always just remain independent with Notre Dame. Schedule all of your rivals every year and consider your record versus rivals to replace your conference record and simply focus on that. Your other goal could be making sure you always finish in the top 10 or top 5.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Then again, you could always just remain independent with Notre Dame. Schedule all of your rivals every year and consider your record versus rivals to replace your conference record and simply focus on that. Your other goal could be making sure you always finish in the top 10 or top 5.
This right here ^^. Notre Dame is too big for a conference! :P
Old 10-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

you lose those rivalries from the schedule and inherit the schedule of the team you replace. the only way of playing those rivalry games is to custom schedule them yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »