Home

NCAA Football 11 Tournament

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Tournament within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2010, 06:29 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
NCAA Football 11 Tournament

This is a tournament that i am doing on NCAA Football 11 by doing cpu vs cpu in all of the games. I have ranked the top 32 teams in this game based on what the team's actual overall rating in the game is and i used the preseason polls to determine tie breakers. these teams will battle it out in double elimination until there are 2 left playing for the championship. The final four games are sudden death and need no double elimination factor. once the final four teams are decided they will play until their is a champion. i like double elimination because it gives teams a second chance to prove something. the sliders that i will be using for this tournament are from my sliders which actually play pretty good on cpu vs cpu. i tested a game before starting this and thought they looked good enough, so this is what i will be using. i will be using buckeye02's rosters from the psn. the teams are ranked on what their team overall is and not what they are ranked in real life or even in this game. the only place u can see each team's overall rating is when u go to dynasty mode and are at the screen where you pick your team. i am glad that they added this in the game this year because before it was a little hard to gauge how much better a team is just by their letter grade that it gives them. so having said all that in each round the worse team on the board plays the best teams and continues to go up until all teams have played in that round. (i.e. #32 vs #1, #31 vs #2, #30 vs #3, etc) in the second round there will be a looser bracket which is also ranked and done in the same fashion as well as the winner bracket. if u loose in the looser bracket then you are out. i would like to do a 4 loss tournament giving teams ample opportunities to redeem themselves but that would just take too long. this alone is going to take long enough as it is. you will notice that even with 32 teams there is not a huge difference in the teams ovr due to their being 120 teams in division 1 college football. so there might be 10 teams at 90 overall so they have to be ranked somewhere but basically anyone of those teams could win against the other at any given time. this should be fun for people to keep up with and see how their favorite team is doing in the tournament. if your team did not make the tournament just remember that i have nothing to do with how they rank or even how they play as the cpu is playing all of the games. the teams should play to how good they really are. so without further delay here are the starting rankings. i will post results as they happen.

PS: i do not actually watch every game all the way through, i do other things while these games are playing. some games i might actually want to watch a little more just to see how they are doing.

NCAA 11 Football Tournament

Starting Rankings (OVR in parenthesis)
remember for tie breakers i went by what their preseason rank was in the polls for this game.

1) Alabama (99)
2) Ohio Sate (96)
3) Oklahoma (94)
4) Texas (93)
5) Boise State (93)
6) Miami (93)
7) Florida (92)
8) Wisconsin (92)
9) USC (92)
10) LSU (92)
11) Penn State (92)
12) North Carolina (92)
13) Oregon (90)
14) Virginia Tech (90)
15) TCU (90)
16) Nebraska (90)
17) Arkansas (90)
18) Georgia (90)
19) Stanford (90)
20) Iowa (89)
21) Georgia Tech (89)
22) Pittsburgh (89)
23) Oregon State (89)
24) Florida State (89)
25) West Virginia (89)
26) Oklahoma State (89)
27) Clemson (89)
28) Washington (89)
29) Texas A&M (89)
30) Auburn (87)
31) California (87)
32) Texas Tech (87)

Last edited by jHorns; 10-22-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
Banned

Re: NCAA Football 11 Tournament

Here is the schedule for the first round of the tournament.
The higher ranked team will always play at home to give them the higher chance of winning. i havent decided where i will play the championship yet.

First Round

Texas Tech 24 @ Alabama 28 (bama almost let this one get away from them. tt passing game was almost too much for them and alabama took its first lead at the end of the 3rd qtr. tt regained the lead without about 1 1/2 to play in the game only for bama to march right back down and get another td leaving tt with only 40 seconds to score. the game ended in a game clinching pick by alabama. great game!!
California 0 @ Ohio State 23
Auburn 17 @ Oklahoma 20
Texas A&M 14 @ Texas 41
Washington @ Boise State
Clemson @ Miami
Oklahoma State @ Florida
West Virginia @ Wisconsin
Florida State @ USC
Oregon State @ LSU
Pittsburgh @ Penn State
Georgia Tech @ North Carolina
Iowa @ Oregon
Stanford @ Virginia Tech
Georgia @ TCU
Arkansas @ Nebraska

it looks like the first round has some good rival teams against each other. i promise i did not set it up that way, this is just how the ranking fell. i will post results when they are finished.

Last edited by jHorns; 10-22-2010 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Game Results
Old 10-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #3
Banned

Re: NCAA Football 11 Tournament

from the first game the game has played great and it was one of those that u wouldnt even mind watching. the stats looked good and realistic but im not going to post all of the stats in order to save time, but tt had over 400 yards passing but bama shut their run game down while alabama's leading rusher rushed for over 100 yards on the game. i am suprised by how well this game is playing on cpu vs cpu with these sliders without doing much testing with them in this mode. these games should be pretty enjoyable to see what the results are. also tt didnt get any sacks while bama racked up 5 total. this was a close one for them though, they better be careful because the next team should be better in the next round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »