Home

is this cheese/unrealistic game play or am i just crazy

This is a discussion on is this cheese/unrealistic game play or am i just crazy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2010, 04:34 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: is this cheese/unrealistic game play or am i just crazy

So, your friend is supposed to throw passes to WRs who are covered?

If you don't want to play against people who through to TEs, slot receivers, and players out of the backfield, you need to be talking to EA about allowing #1 WR to actually play like #1 WR and torch DBs on streaks (and let the QB complete the pass occasionally). As the game plays, this happens extremely rarely.

Moreover, the fewer plays an offense runs, the easier it is for a defense to stop--assuming it's not one of the truly cheese plays that can't be stopped.

And moreover still, on the default 5 minute quarters, how many total plays do you get in on offense? What percentage of that total is 15? 50%?

You're complaining that your friend has 15 plays that he runs twice each.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:34 AM   #10
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
what about only running 10 to 15 plays because these plays are pretty much automatc every time
Thats not cheese, thats gameplanning

practice your defense, figure out what plays stop the plays he is running OR figure out which formations take away the part of the field he is attacking..

defensively Counter his offense and find a weakness in his defense..

Hes not cheesing, at this point he just knows the game better than u
Old 10-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
i think this is cheesy/unrealistic but i want yall opinion

is it cheesy or unrealistic to only throw to you te, slot wr(s), and running backs out the backfield or after he is motioned as a wr. also is it cheesy to only run about 10 to 15 plays on offense and defense the majority of those 15 offensive plays are slants and posts up the middle

my friend does this everytime we play and his answer is i am just running my offense why handcuff me. but when your #3 and #4 wr ur te and rb leads the team in recptions and yds and your number 1 wr has not had a ball thrown his way all game but yet the number 2 wr has 3 catches for 25 yds. somethins not right.

Why are you worried about HIS offense? 15 plays in a 5 min qtr video gm is alot, I think its cheese that you keep leaving his number 3 an and 4 wrs open lol. dude that is no where near cheese. cheese is putting you wr or cb at qb and running the flexbone or some shyt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #12
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14

here is the kicker, we play 3 games and i usually win 2 of 3. it just gets old after awhile. your number 1 wr has 0 catches for 0 yds. your number 2 guy has 3 catches for 20 yds and all of that comes on like one big play. so that leaves ur slot guy who is always open up the middle because lb dont drop deep enough, and the cb doesnt take inside position EVER. if any of you read what i said, i put "10 to 15" play not just "15". it just gets old to only defend posts and slants to the slot wr and te streaks which for some reason ar always open. i dont see why people say its so hard to get it to the number 1 because i usually get 75 yds or better with mine and like 45 or more with my #2. i feel like its unrealistic to only run about 12 or so plays all game. we play like 8 or 10 min quarters. these plays he runs are pretty much money plays.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:04 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
what about only running 10 to 15 plays because these plays are pretty much automatc every time
no because that happens in real life. Cal runs this play were they line up in a trips formation with a tight end on the other side and they motion shane vereen out and send him on a streak. They run this play at least 10 times again because it works almost every time.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

It might be unrealistic slightly, but again, that's an EA issue primarily. It's far more difficult to complete passes to your primary receiver in game than in real life.

I mean, you're essentially complaining because your friend isn't passing to covered receivers.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:45 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

I dont understand why people are having problems with there outside wr??? I have 3-4 wr getting 600 to 1000 receiving every year. with my outside guy being the 1000...I run him on post and slants and i run my slots on corners and verticles and in zone i hit them in the whole and in man i throw up top....havent had a problem. Unless its a freshmen and he's not experienced yet then he will get jammed at the line but other than that I havent had a problem with outside wr's catching the ball!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is why I will put MY #1 WR at #3 spot so I can get him involved.

Works really good actually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »