Home

Things that would make NCAA 12 the next NBA 2k11

This is a discussion on Things that would make NCAA 12 the next NBA 2k11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2010, 12:49 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Things that would make NCAA 12 the next NBA 2k11

While NBA 2k11 isn't perfect it is a massive improvement here are some things that would make NCAA jump ahead:

1) Fix penalties: Football requires some penalties to alter drives. There needs to be pass interference on the defense, there needs to be illegal formations, and the CPU needs to get delay of game every once in awhile when playing an away game. While this might not appeal to all, why not have a simulation setting and sliders that actually work?

2) Make dynasty starting rosters similar to 3 year later rosters. That way we won't have anything to complain about with the recruiting engine. I like the weaker players and feel the starting rosters are way over rated.

3) Make position archetypes that are then used to generate recruits. Football players for each position have certain playing styles. You describe these styles but your recruit engine doesn't make any sense. Create three archetypes for each position and make sure there weight, height, and attributes conform to that. A good power back needs good trucking and stiffarm, a speed back should have good speed and acceleration with good juke and spin moves. For recievers, make tall recievers less acceleration prone but decent speed and make short players have better acceleration but lower overall speed.

4) Fix the QB WR interactions: Now the CPU quarterback looks like Payton Manning or he looks like Ned Flanders. Real quarterbacks make bad throws that are just out of reach, not madly wild, and not only when hit. Please have quarterbacks ratings and WR catch interact. When a ball is thrown it may be on target, behind the reciever, high, or too far in front, or too low. But please make it where the reciever makes a play on the ball and it is tipped into the ground or just missed. Have your recievers have to dive for some balls or slow up limiting YAC. Also please have the AI CPU finally scramble and throw the ball away or throw it away to avoid a sack (less coverage sacks). Also watch college football and have different accuracy for different parts of the field. Yes downfield has the rare miss now (overall about 25% made in real college football vs >50% here) but short passes are completed >80% of the time (I tested this). Make short passes less accurate (still good%) but more numerous and downfield appropriately less completions but also less often. To keep quarterback % better have a good mixture of short and deep throws with real world ratios.

5. Have WR being hit cause more drops: A lot of drops happen with contact. In pretuning patch the game looked more realistic though perhaps a few too many were dropped. You need to bring that back and tone it down only a little. Or give us a contact WR catching slider separate of the open catch slider.

6. Fix the AI kicking game and play calling near midfield: Please stop having the AI go for it on the 49 yard line or kick a field goal from 60 yards out. Similarly please stop the anouncers for berating you for making logical football plays based off your kicker skill and the overall field position.

7. Make your line backers faster: Your linebackers are rediculously slow compared to their real life counterparts. That is why there are too many YAC and why short routes are always open on default sliders. Maybe top speed shouldn't be great but their acceleration should not be this bad.

8. Fix your AI defensive playcalling. First realize that coaches rarely call 6 men blitzes but very frequently (40-50% of the time or even more) call a five man blitz. Fix your system to account for this so their are 5 man blitzes but less all out and 6 man blitzes which are easy for humans to recognize and pick apart. After you have fixed that issue, weight each blitz so corner blitzes and zone blitzes are overall less common. Finally change your AI to disguise blitzes and show false blitz better and shift back and forth as well. Also make your AI choose blitzes based off of down and distance.

9. Less blitzes likely will fix play action (main problem here) but please fix play action blocking. Also fix your option blocking as it is attrocious and makes option teams stink.

10. Running game is too predictable: Watch a saturday game then watch NCAA. This is a general problem with programming. Stats end up okay but are predictable. What this means is that to get 5 YPC your running backs almost always get 5 YPC and never hardly break big runs except on option plays. In real NCAA football there are usually carries of 3 YPC and a few stuffs interspersed with bigger gains and almost every game I watch there is one 20 or more yard carry. Currently in the game this is very rare. Make the defense more reliable down to down but more likley to give up big plays randomly. This would add excitement.

11. Make the AI quarterback come to the line with only 10-15 seconds left (automatic run down) and take at least a few seconds to call a play so we can make defense shifts. During that time, please program them to make some audibles and if there is a blitz keep back additional blockers. This would make the game more fluid and realistic and fix the unrealistic number of plays on 15 minute quarters.

Please feel free to jump in with any other thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 03:04 AM   #2
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Things that would make NCAA 12 the next NBA 2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
2) Make dynasty starting rosters similar to 3 year later rosters. That way we won't have anything to complain about with the recruiting engine. I like the weaker players and feel the starting rosters are way over rated.
I agree with this option the most. I too feel the initial rosters have people way too overrated and feel there should be a larger disparity between your first string and third string players. I also would like to see Coach ratings implemented. Teams like Boise are not great because of their players, they are great because their coach out-coaches his counterparts on a week to week basis. Being a Colorado fan, this idea hits home. Colorado has some VERY talented players, but because of our horrible coaching and play calling, we look like we are playing in mud on a week to week basis.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 10-24-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
Rookie

Keith Stone's Arena

OVR: 0

1) Fix the game play issues.
2) Improve dynasty mode by adding a coaching carousal, coaches with ratings that effect game play; recruiting; & progression, and bring back the spring game.
3) Full editable rosters inside dynasty mode. This way we can play how we want. If I want to move a guy from a 4-3 DE to a 3-4 OLB then I can without him getting killed in the ratings department. We could edit size so we don't have the 200lb DE's or the 195lb LB's. And we can fix the stuff that the NCAA team messes up each year with the recruits.
4) Change the coaches call feature. The "roll the dice" is not working. Not how it is in real life so why put it in the game.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

Just a couple things to add:

1) Implement dual-threat (Spread) QB's. Guys like Denard Robinson, Cam Newton and Taylor Martinez should not average less than 4 YPC.

2) Hype the atmosphere up; this area still lacks a great deal.

3) Agree on giving full customization abilities inside of a dynasty... This is badly needed.

4) Allow us to create ATH recruits.

There's more, but that's just off the top of my head.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

ability to create tendencies
Deeper Game modes
better commentary and presentation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
10. Running game is too predictable: Watch a saturday game then watch NCAA. This is a general problem with programming. Stats end up okay but are predictable. What this means is that to get 5 YPC your running backs almost always get 5 YPC and never hardly break big runs except on option plays. In real NCAA football there are usually carries of 3 YPC and a few stuffs interspersed with bigger gains and almost every game I watch there is one 20 or more yard carry. Currently in the game this is very rare. Make the defense more reliable down to down but more likley to give up big plays randomly. This would add excitement.
I'm not seeing this at all. In fact, if my 5YPC back got 5 yards every carry, he'd be the only player touching the ball.

Actually though, most times my running backs will average between 3.5 and 4.5 yards per carry, and this will include a couple of 20+ yard runs (as well as obviously some stuffs). And I never run the option.

Perhaps YOU aren't being creative enough with your run game.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
While NBA 2k11 isn't perfect it is a massive improvement here are some things that would make NCAA jump ahead:

3) Make position archetypes that are then used to generate recruits. Football players for each position have certain playing styles. You describe these styles but your recruit engine doesn't make any sense. Create three archetypes for each position and make sure there weight, height, and attributes conform to that. A good power back needs good trucking and stiffarm, a speed back should have good speed and acceleration with good juke and spin moves. For recievers, make tall recievers less acceleration prone but decent speed and make short players have better acceleration but lower overall speed.
I've noticed that there are recruit molds/presets in this game. In every single Dynasty I'll eventually see the same 5* QB with a D in the speed catagories, and A+ in THP and an A in THA, and he always has the same face too. The Same goes for HB's as well, there's only one true speed back with his speed stats at A to A+ whos about 5 8" and his carrying rating is around a D- with ELU at around a B+, always has the same face as well.

It's just dumb, EA basically made a handful of pre-determined players for each position. Their ratings will deviate a little, as in The A+ THP QB will sometimes just have an A for THP instead, but it's still virtually the same player recycled every single time.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 10-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #8
Rookie

vaeath's Arena

OVR: 2

Dual Threat QB's would be great.

Playing against the CPU and the QB's actually scramble around the pocket to try to find a open WR would also be great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »