Home

An Improvement I'd Like To See In '12: Running QBs

This is a discussion on An Improvement I'd Like To See In '12: Running QBs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #33
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: An Improvement I'd Like To See In '12: Running QBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr00v
But Newton can pass well, too Think he has the #3 QB Rating in the nation.
I don't think anyone questioned his passing ability. He's defnitely a running QB first though. A lot of his big passing plays have come from play action since the defense has to focus so much on him, Dyer, etc. He's also made a lot of big passing plays using his mobility.

He's definitely not a "pro" style QB at this point.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #34
Banned

cr00v's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I don't think anyone questioned his passing ability. He's defnitely a running QB first though. A lot of his big passing plays have come from play action since the defense has to focus so much on him, Dyer, etc. He's also made a lot of big passing plays using his mobility.

He's definitely not a "pro" style QB at this point.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #35
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr00v
I think the video backs up what I said above: no one said he was a bad passer, and a lot of his success passing comes from play action and his mobility. Whats wrong with that?

He's really, really good. The purpose of the thread was to get players like him to have their dual threat ability shine more in NCAA '12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #36
Banned

cr00v's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I think the video backs up what I said above: no one said he was a bad passer, and a lot of his success passing comes from play action and his mobility. Whats wrong with that?

He's really, really good. The purpose of the thread was to get players like him to have their dual threat ability shine more in NCAA '12
He stays in the pocket 99% of the time. That might be my favorite attribute about Cam other than his freakish running ability. He's not afraid to sit in the pocket and make the right reads.

Do you really think he's a traditional scrambler? I'll agree that he's not the traditional pocket passer merely because of the offense we run, but he's completing 70% of his passes with the #3 QB rating in the nation.

There's no other quarterback like that. Tebow and Newton are once-in-a-lifetime type players. Not even Vince Young was on the same level of elite as these two. You're not about to see Tyrod Taylor truck a defensive end, stiff arm a linebacker, juke a safety, and hit the boosters to accelerate into the endzone, which brings me to my point; They shouldn't give him the typical "scrambler" rating, just as they shouldn't give other "scramblers" the same kind of ratings as him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »