Home

Amazing Games

This is a discussion on Amazing Games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Amazing Games

Have you ever had that special game? I certainly just did. I was playing as the Wisconsin Badgers against the undefeated Buckeyes. I jumped out to a 27-7 lead. Next thing I know, we're tied 27-27 heading into overtime.

This had to be one of the most frustrating overtimes ever. It took us until the fourth OT until the Badgers were the first team to score a touchdown in OT. My running game was on fire so I decided to try the two-point conversion to really pressure the Buckeyes. Unfortunately, I was stopped before I could get to the endzone.

Now I am really nervous. The score is 39-33 after I failed the two-point conversion. I am really hoping to come up with a big defensive stop. It was a wish come true because on the first play of the drive one my linebackers come up with the forced fumble to win the game. The Wisconsin badgers upset the (used to be) undefeated Buckeyes! Who says this game isn't realistic?

That's my amazing game. If you have an awesome game that you want to share, please post it. I would love to hear about it.

Last edited by cjonthemove; 10-24-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Amazing Games

I've had many. This game just does it for me. The fact that it's now the only game I play sums it up.

Last night, played as Troy at UAB (just wanted to play two schools I hadn't played yet). UAB jumped out to a 17-0 lead in the first half. Troy, with his air raid offense, scored the next 28 points and shut down UAB the rest of the way for a 28-17 win.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 10-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
I've had many. This game just does it for me. The fact that it's now the only game I play sums it up.

Last night, played as Troy at UAB (just wanted to play two schools I hadn't played yet). UAB jumped out to a 17-0 lead in the first half. Troy, with his air raid offense, scored the next 28 points and shut down UAB the rest of the way for a 28-17 win.
Wow. That's quite a turn of events.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

not trying to rain on your parade bro, but we have a thread for this, the official "i just played an awesome game thread" Search for it, copy and paste this post into that thread and top it up. We have some awesome games in there, and I have I think 2 or 3 that were ****ing ep!c if you want a good read.

BTW, that game sounds awesome. I love it when Ohio State loses

Old 10-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I just played two games that weren't exactly close, but felt great. I was playing as Miami at Clemson. I came out and got a FG to start the game off, the they got a TD. I then got a TD to go up 10-7 I think it was. Then stopped them, got another TD, tried grabbing all the momentum and went for 2. I got it and the score was 18-7 with 5:35 left in the 2nd quarter. I then went on to win the game 18-7. First time I had ever had a low scoring game like that.

The next game I played was against FSU. I cam out and got a FG, then stopped them, then they stopped me and that kept going on. I eventually added another FG to make it 6-0 with around 5 minutes left in the 1st half. I came up with a stop late in the 2nd quarter and then got a TD pass with 8 seconds left in the half. So going into half time I had another defensive game and was up 13-0. Next thing I know I come out on fire and make it 27-0 in just under 5 minutes. I ended up winning 51-10. It actually felt rewarding to tweak my gameplan and come out lights out that 2nd half.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

This was one of my great games in my off-line dynasty im in year 7 and this game was from year 6, I think its 2nd or 3rd all time on my classics list. you can also see other great updates from myself and other guys on the off-line dynasty thread!!!

Now on to the game of the night in the Big 12 championship that saw the #3 UL Monroe Warhawks beat the #5 Oklahoma Sooners 48-42 in Overtime.

These two teams in just one season are slowly becoming fierce rivals. in the first meeting the warhawks won 31-10 at home in freshmen QB Leonard Sims debut. With alot of trash talking and hard hitting this was definitley the game of the week.
After a physical scoreless 1st quarter the 2nd quarter started with both teams scoreing 2 Touchdowns a piece and went into the half tied at 14.
The third quarter saw both QB's step up and make big plays. First it was OU's R. Rich who found WR J. Jackson for a 20 yard strike giving OU a 21-14 lead

On the next drive ULM QB Sims was under pressure and threw a errant pass that got picked off by OU. 3 plays later Rich lobbed a floater to the corner of the end zone as receiver B. Smith went up and snagged it to put OU up 2 scores 28-14

with the 3rd quarter winding down and perhaps the championship hopes for the Warhawks Sims fired a pass down the seem hitting receiver A. Taylor and 69 yards later its a one score game. 21-28 OU " I saw the Strong Safety blitz and knew if i could get it to Taylor no one was gonna catch him" Sims said of his 69 yard TD pass to Taylor.

EA Sports: NCAA Football 11 Video

The ensuing kickoff OU's returner W. Brant fumbles the ball which was recover by UL Monroe. Two plays later Sims finds freshmen receiver M. Brown for a beautiful 15 yard touchdown to tie the score up at 28. " we work on stripping the ball every day at practice, im glad we got it out and recovered it" Words from Coach Polly about the huge turnover that led to the warhawks tying the game.

The start of the 4th saw both teams use time consuming drives and score via the run game. Hampton for UL Monroe from 4 yards out and OU's running back W. Brant from 2 yards out. After Sims through his 5th Touchdown pass of the night it seemed the warhawks could start celebrating but after a pass interfernece penalty and a roughing the passer OU saw themselves on the 10 yard line and easily scored with a screen pass that saw running back W. Brant elude a defender and waltz in to the end zone. 42-42

With 1:42 seconds left OU left up and coming freshmen QB Leonard Sims plaenty of time to orchestrate yet another game winning drive. After all hes done that 3 times this year against LSU (17-14) MISSOURI (35-31) and NOTRE DAME (28-24) in the game he had already 5 touchdown passes and 400 yards both career highs. As expected Sims drove the Warhawks to field goal range with 6 secs left. With players celebrating knowing if they win they will get a chance to defend there championship. This is what happened!!!!!

Britt missed the kick and a shot at beating OU in regular time "9 out of 10 times I make that with my eyes closed, worst feeling of my life" Sophmore kicker Britt said after he missed the game winning field goal.

If they wanted to win they'd have to do it in OT. After winning the toss UL Monroe elected to put there defense on the field and it paid off as CB. Ramirez who had 2 interceptions in the first meeting picked off R. Rich and ended any hopes of OU scoring in the OT period " I have his number, I dropped two earlier in the game im just glad I held on to this one". Out came Sims and the Warhawks. Although Sims was having a career day The warhawks went back to there roots running the football and 3 plays into the series Brian Hampton stretch the ball over the goal and the UL Monroe Warhawks defeat the OU Sooners 48-42 and clinch a birth in the BCS National Championship game for the 3rd time in as many years.

"Im proud of these guys, they battled all season and found ways to win the close ones, Its been a pleasure watching Sims and our receiver grow together this year and I hope we can pull of the national championship win." words from Coach Polly

side note-- The national championship will be #2 UL Monroe vs #1 Miami at the super dome. Last time these teams faced each other was last season UL Monroe won 17-7.

I will pre veiw the game before I play it and hope to give good highlights after the game.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #7
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...me-thread.html

there we go fellows. Go in that thread and post em up.

BTW, Gorilla, go check out the couple games I posted in there. Trust me, its worth reading

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »