Home

Help me, please!

This is a discussion on Help me, please! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Help me, please!

I have belonged to ODs in NCAA for the past two titles. I refuse to join one as of now, because the new game just seems too hard to get used to. No sliders have worked, I still see robo runs and robo QB. WRs also still have that infamous "suck" animation that allows to catch a pass that they'd normally need to dive for.

Sliders make the game either too easy or too hard....Either way, unplayable. I have always found AA too easy, so I always switch straight to Hesiman. I have tried all Heisman sets on this site and even tried some of my own...NOTHING. Either my defense is completely dumb and unaware of whats going on, or it looks like they're playing middle-schoolers...

QB ACC at 10-15 is what I have always done to make passing more realistic. Now, I have my 94accuracy QB overthrowing guys like nobody's business. Anything thats 20+ just seems to easy to me. If I want to drop it to 10-15, I have to tremendously lower the pass rush and coverage since all Heisman LBs and DBs have 99 zone and man coverage. Or the pocket collapses before I can snap the ball good. Its an absolute mess.

Locomotion didnt make much of a difference outside of when the ball is actually in your hands. 99 run route guys with 88 speed and 95 agility still cant beat a 93 speed and 90 agility corner with mediocre coverage in most cases. I want sooooo much to just pop this game in and enjoy 4 full quarters, but I cant.

I play sim with Heisman sliders. I also play on Normal speed with a 20spd threshold, because a LB shouldnt be able to keep up with a RB stride for stride. Any tips how I can salvage my experience before this goes up on Ebay?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 06:04 AM   #2
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Help me, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
I have belonged to ODs in NCAA for the past two titles. I refuse to join one as of now, because the new game just seems too hard to get used to. No sliders have worked, I still see robo runs and robo QB. WRs also still have that infamous "suck" animation that allows to catch a pass that they'd normally need to dive for.

Sliders make the game either too easy or too hard....Either way, unplayable. I have always found AA too easy, so I always switch straight to Hesiman. I have tried all Heisman sets on this site and even tried some of my own...NOTHING. Either my defense is completely dumb and unaware of whats going on, or it looks like they're playing middle-schoolers...

QB ACC at 10-15 is what I have always done to make passing more realistic. Now, I have my 94accuracy QB overthrowing guys like nobody's business. Anything thats 20+ just seems to easy to me. If I want to drop it to 10-15, I have to tremendously lower the pass rush and coverage since all Heisman LBs and DBs have 99 zone and man coverage. Or the pocket collapses before I can snap the ball good. Its an absolute mess.

Locomotion didnt make much of a difference outside of when the ball is actually in your hands. 99 run route guys with 88 speed and 95 agility still cant beat a 93 speed and 90 agility corner with mediocre coverage in most cases. I want sooooo much to just pop this game in and enjoy 4 full quarters, but I cant.

I play sim with Heisman sliders. I also play on Normal speed with a 20spd threshold, because a LB shouldnt be able to keep up with a RB stride for stride. Any tips how I can salvage my experience before this goes up on Ebay?

I have some sliders for you that I'll PM you later once I get off from work... I actually study and break down sliders instead of tweaking someone else's work... try this... put WR catch at 100 and drop your QB acc to 5... QB remains accurate right with a couple of bad throws once in awhile right?.... toss it up to a WR that can jump... you'll notice he's actually outjumping everybody if your PC is at 50... to combat that put INT up to 100 and leave PC at 50... all of a sudden DBs are sticking with the WRs and trying to swat the ball away or pick it off...

Every slider has another that interacts with it... I have 'em down... maxing a slider out fixes a lot in NCAA '11 from my slider studies but can be brought down to achieve a good playing game.

I'll get back to this thread later as I have yet to post my slider set on any forum I visit yet
Old 10-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
I have some sliders for you that I'll PM you later once I get off from work... I actually study and break down sliders instead of tweaking someone else's work... try this... put WR catch at 100 and drop your QB acc to 5... QB remains accurate right with a couple of bad throws once in awhile right?.... toss it up to a WR that can jump... you'll notice he's actually outjumping everybody if your PC is at 50... to combat that put INT up to 100 and leave PC at 50... all of a sudden DBs are sticking with the WRs and trying to swat the ball away or pick it off...

Every slider has another that interacts with it... I have 'em down... maxing a slider out fixes a lot in NCAA '11 from my slider studies but can be brought down to achieve a good playing game.

I'll get back to this thread later as I have yet to post my slider set on any forum I visit yet
Lookin forward to those sliders!

Old 10-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 28

In the OD I am currently in, we started our first OD with default sliders on Heisman and it was brutal. Regardless of the caliber team you were using, the CPU was relentless with crazy broken tackles and 3rd down conversions were out of control.

We started over with new settings...

Heisman level with 6 minute quarters

Reduced AI sliders on:
-- RB Ability (40 -- it reduces the ridiculous broken tackles)
--QB Accuracy (45)
--Pass Block (45, can even go to 40 if you wish so a pass rush is evident)
--Pass Coverage (45)
--Pass Rush (45)

Increased Human Sliders:
--RB Ability (55)
--Pass Black (55)
--Tackle (60)
--Pass Coverage (55)
--Pass Rush (55)

These minor tweaks help the game out a ton. You can drop most to 40 and it won't impact the overall gameplay. You will still find teams with lower ratings given you a run but it reduces the "cheating" a bit....
Old 10-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #5
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
In the OD I am currently in, we started our first OD with default sliders on Heisman and it was brutal. Regardless of the caliber team you were using, the CPU was relentless with crazy broken tackles and 3rd down conversions were out of control.

We started over with new settings...

Heisman level with 6 minute quarters

Reduced AI sliders on:
-- RB Ability (40 -- it reduces the ridiculous broken tackles)
--QB Accuracy (45)
--Pass Block (45, can even go to 40 if you wish so a pass rush is evident)
--Pass Coverage (45)
--Pass Rush (45)

Increased Human Sliders:
--RB Ability (55)
--Pass Black (55)
--Tackle (60)
--Pass Coverage (55)
--Pass Rush (55)

These minor tweaks help the game out a ton. You can drop most to 40 and it won't impact the overall gameplay. You will still find teams with lower ratings given you a run but it reduces the "cheating" a bit....
Cool. I'll give those a shot. Im so used to whomping my CPU opponents that I always cripple my Off n Def. Last year, the sliders had to be dropped waaay low for you to see a change, but now the sliders seem to work a little better than good.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »