Home

Finally PI and Online Dynasty Question

This is a discussion on Finally PI and Online Dynasty Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2
Finally PI and Online Dynasty Question

I was playing my dynasty and I am in year 3. When I decided to change PI from 100 to 55 just to see what happens. And in the 3rd quarter they actually called DPI. I know other people probably get it called a lot but this was the first time since the game came out that I saw it called.

Now for my Dynasty Question, I have read a lot about people playing online but it is probably to late for me to join a league but I was wondering if I started one by myself can I recruit on the computer and stuff? I go to college and I have like 2 hours between classes and when I am not doing homework I am always looking for something to do but I can't drive home to play a game so I want to be able to recruit from school. Is this possible?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Finally PI and Online Dynasty Question

Yes you can recruit on the computer. Actually to get the full functionality of the online dynasty using the computer is a must (teambuilder team creation, file downloads, etc...)

Just be careful when recruiting online. If you have a weak connection the website might timeout in the middle of a call and you lose the rest of that call.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
MVP

stlducks's Arena

what file downloads are there online? and what is different if I play online dynasty by myself compared to if I just play a normal dynasty? besides the online recruiting
Old 10-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
Rookie

In an online dynasty you can download the recruiting class prospects spreadsheet (importable into excel), you can recruit online, add /view stories and view highlights on the computer (which seem to be much smoother than on the XB360),etc...

I'd say the biggest difference is that if you want to be able to recruit while not in front of the XBox thats the biggest benefit on it being online, otherwise offline dyansties are perfectly enjoyable.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

How do you download Prospects spread sheet? Is this some thing you have to pay for or what??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
Rookie

If you go to the website and log into your dynasty, on the recruits page there is a button to download your entire recruiting class. You don;t have to pay for this, but honestly it makes a LOT more sense with the pay-tool.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

It should be noted that there are some downsides to Online Dynasty.

Namely, no coaching and/or conference changes.

Now, technically, you can change what school you are coaching, but you don't get end of season job offers based on your performance to date.

Moreover, besides custom conferences before starting the online dynasty, no teams will ever change conferences at all in your online dynasty.

If you're playing with a team already in a BCS conference and you have no intentions of changing teams, I guess it's all right. Personally, I prefer with starting with a bottom 20 team and working my way up either by building the team or accepting job offers.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

What you are looking to do is the sane thing I do. I enjoy recruiting from work when I get a chance so I use OD.

As pogo mentioned it doesn't not have conference movement or job offers. Because of this I wrote an app that looks t what you accomplished in a season as shows a list of job openings. I also enjoy building up bottom feeders but I like to move up afterwards. That's why I made the Coaching Contract app.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »