Home

OD Recruiting Glitch?

This is a discussion on OD Recruiting Glitch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
OD Recruiting Glitch?

I have two one star recruits on my board that I have been pumping 60mins into each week but cannot get on their top 10 board! They are both at stage 10 and the last school on their board is only -300 back. I have had to put about 800+ points into both of these guys, promised everything and even offered a scholarship but cannot get on their board no matter what. Usually I am able to get on a guys top 10 within two weeks or so of heavy recruiting!

Has anyone else experienced this before? Is this a glitch of some kind?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: OD Recruiting Glitch?

They don't want to go to your school. That simple. It's realistic for players to not want to go to a specific school.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 10-29-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

As it was said, the guys just doesn't want to go to your school. I have used my program and found a 1 star TE who was a 73 rated qb. I pumped 60 minutes a week into this guy and had him number 1 on my board. No dice the entire season week in and week out 60 minutes. Finally the second week of the offseason I got on his board and on the 5th I finally signed him.

Some times it is not as easy as just giving him 60 for a few weeks and it happens.

Also the points are relative not absolute.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4

It is all a roll of the dice. Something like one in five rolls and you'll be on his board.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
As it was said, the guys just doesn't want to go to your school. I have used my program and found a 1 star TE who was a 73 rated qb. I pumped 60 minutes a week into this guy and had him number 1 on my board. No dice the entire season week in and week out 60 minutes. Finally the second week of the offseason I got on his board and on the 5th I finally signed him.

Some times it is not as easy as just giving him 60 for a few weeks and it happens.

Also the points are relative not absolute.

Exact situation that I am in. I will just keep pumping 60mins into him and hope he doesn't start narrowing his teams down too quickly. Does having someone #1 on your board make a difference? How are the points relative?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

as WMU I keep trying to recruit this 3-star WR who's getting no offers or even being recruited at all by anyone else and he still doesn't put me in his top 10

Spoiler
Old 10-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #7
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
Exact situation that I am in. I will just keep pumping 60mins into him and hope he doesn't start narrowing his teams down too quickly. Does having someone #1 on your board make a difference? How are the points relative?
There is a recruiting aid that shows how much points each team spends on a certain recruit. Sometimes you will spend more time and get more points than another team but you will not gain any ground in the points behind. The points you gain are not absolute but relative to the recruits interest in your school. I know that sounds kinda weird but that's just how it is.

I have controlled two teams and were
1 and 2 on a recruits list. I did not spend any time from the #1 team but an hour with the #2 team and it showed ~+200. The #2 team was 60 points behind. Next week they were -20 behind. The points are not absolute like it's a race to 5k or something like that. It's relative to how much the recruit likes your school. If that makes any sense.

As for the board location it was said a few years back by the devs that rectors knew there board location and the higher the better. I'm not sure if it's still that way but I treat it like it is since it used to be.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #8
Banned

If a player has no other scholarships and you offer him one. You should vault into his top 10. What athlete does not consider his ONLY scholarship offer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »