Home

Ideas for Stadium Atmosphere Improvements

This is a discussion on Ideas for Stadium Atmosphere Improvements within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Ideas for Stadium Atmosphere Improvements

First off, I think they did several good things this year with the game. Finally got SOME form of pre-game intros in. Beats the pants off of Madden in this regard..all they talk about in that game prior to the game are the QB's eyes and how much Collinsworth likes them. Anyway, I have a few ideas on further improvements here...

1) Crowd Energy

If you're using a school like LSU, Penn State, Ohio State, etc...you should have a 100 rating here. This would simply control the volume of the crowd, because it's simply louder at these stadiums than places like Kent State, Indiana, etc.

2) Crowd Excitement

I think this is a area we need to see improvement..if you are running downfield for a 70 yd TD run the crowd should become more and more excited the more yards you collect. I don't see why they can't just increase crowd volume the more yards you get on a play. Or at least in 10 yard intervals. Maybe I'm crazy, but it would be cool to see the crowd explode as you make a big play.

3) Crowd Booing

You don't see the crowd boo enough in my opinion. Have them boo the visiting team when they come out, get a 1st down, score. This would tie into crowd energy, the score of the game, etc.

4) Crowd Signs

The signs in the game are absolutely horrible. Who else is sick of seeing two guys holding up "Sorry Dad I'm no longer enrolled here?" It was kind of clever 5 years ago now it's just stale. Just have the signs say "insert star player from home team here" for Heisman! Or if it's a rivalry game they could come up with something to put here. Just get rid of the "Hey Mom, Send $$$!" signs.

Other gameplay improvements:

Prestige System needs re-worked. Why the 1-6 star scale? Why not 1-100?

QB Accuracy needs to be done like Madden. Allows for greater variety in QB's.

I actually like the run game very much right now..I really don't think it needs re-tooled much. Getting very realistic results on Heisman.

WR/DB play needs some work. WR's should fight for the ball more on jump balls. Big WR's don't create the mismatches they should in this game.

Hurry up offense out of the wildcat...take it out. I shouldn't see a HB at QB running four vertical routes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Ideas for Stadium Atmosphere Improvements

I'm just sick of the "defense" chant on the road. I play conservative so I tend to get a lot of 3rd downs, so that chant is burned into my brain.

I remember in NCAA 06 you could make the entire sign! Which was pretty cool, but I think they took that out due to the immaturity of some people...*raises hand* guilty!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »