Home

I wish: Online Dynasty Recruiting

This is a discussion on I wish: Online Dynasty Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
I wish: Online Dynasty Recruiting

I wish Online Dynasty recruiting was not over by week 9 or 10. In real life all the big name guys don't sign so early.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

Re: I wish: Online Dynasty Recruiting

Guys are signing earlier every year, but it is overboard in the game. Usually a decent number of the top guys wait until signing day, and that just isn't the case in the game. It would be cool if they made signing day a big event like it is in real life for hardcore CFB fans, and there were some guys that shocked you by sending their letter of intent to a school they weren't committed to. I don't know if I like the idea of not having hard commits until then because it would make recruiting tougher, but it would be more realistic. Right now guys commit and break it all the time. They can definitely do a lot to make recruiting more interesting, just a matter of whether or not people would feel hassled by it or if it really was cool.

The main problem with dragging it out is you would probably get screwed a lot more, I mean if you work the whole season on some guys only to lose them at the end, then what? They'd have to increase your time to spend on guys a lot so you would be able to recruit plan B and C guys too.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I'd say it's pretty accurate. Here's why; all of the "new" recruits in the off season. Seriously. There are a TON of them. They are the ones who have not committed yet. From a numbers standpoint, it makes things quite accurate. From a realistic standpoint, it's the most unrealistic thing they can do.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

What is it week 8 right now? Looking at scout.com it says that out of the top 5 players per position (so 75 players) there are 20 that still are undecided. Thats more than 3/4ths of the top recruits gone by week 8. In week 8 of my current dynasty theres about 11 players left following the same criteria. So I would say that its close enough.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit
What is it week 8 right now? Looking at scout.com it says that out of the top 5 players per position (so 75 players) there are 20 that still are undecided. Thats more than 3/4ths of the top recruits gone by week 8. In week 8 of my current dynasty theres about 11 players left following the same criteria. So I would say that its close enough.
Full 12 man Online Dynasty? No player worth mentioning last past week 8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Marshall X
Full 12 man Online Dynasty? No player worth mentioning last past week 8.
Ok I see what you're saying. It likely has something to do with the human aspect of things. If it's just yourself in a dynasty, things are pretty accurate, but I could see how the human user could skew it.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:52 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
Ok I see what you're saying. It likely has something to do with the human aspect of things. If it's just yourself in a dynasty, things are pretty accurate, but I could see how the human user could skew it.
Yeah man and week 8 is really the very last week to squeeze in a visit on any quality players most sign between weeks 4-7. Its pretty crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »