Home

Petition for the true DUAL-THREAT QB in next year's game

This is a discussion on Petition for the true DUAL-THREAT QB in next year's game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Petition for the true DUAL-THREAT QB in next year's game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
What I am talking about is simple, guys. Please don't get confused. As it is, QB's with great running attributes are putting up very WEAK sim stats. I have the latest roster updates. In mine, Denard Robinson has 97 speed and many other QB's have very good to great ballcarrier ratings. It does not carry over to the game when playing the CPU, nor does it reflect anything realistic when producing sim stats. I've messed with playbooks and nothing really helps. It's because these dual-threat QB's do not exist in this game; the engine must not allow for it.

An example would be this: In the third week of my dynasty with Nebraska, Cam Newton had 18 carries for 29 yards in a game. Denard Robinson had 11 carries for 33 yards. For the season, Newton has 36 carries for 92 yards and Robinson has 45 for 122 yards. Neither one had scored a touchdown. In an earlier dynasty, Pryor from OSU led the nation in QB rushing yards with 597. No other QB was really close to that and if they were, their YPC was atrocious at best.

This is what I am talking about. Editing rosters/ratings and/or playbooks does not seem to really help. If someone has found some success in getting these QB's some good rushing numbers, I'd love to hear it.
What system are you on?

If it's on XBOX 360 let me know i'll give you access to some Alumni teams

I don't work on default rosters so if your not intersted in old school teams and players then these QB's won't interest you

But they do run and scramble and also do a pretty decent job in the option....it ain't perfect but it's better than the efforts of the default QB's on the field

also i forgot to mention i edit the blocking attributes of RB's, WR's and TE's because that is very important for CPU option teams not just the QB speed ratings

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 11-03-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by demondecs21
Not to say i miss the days of old gen where if you had a fast QB you could get burned all game but i mean really it just feel like that is completely missing. The most Ive ever seen a qb do is if the pocket is collapsing around him he'll just slowly move him self towards the line of scrimmage and after that two things happen, i blast him or he'll slip away for another 3-5 yards.
This is on area where the PS2 code was a lot better. I'll never forget the first time I got NCAA '06 (first NCAA game I played) and I faced Reggie McNeal of Texas A & M. He threw for over 400 yards and rushed for over 100 yards on me. Every time I thought I had them stopped he would take off and kill me on scrambles. I loved it. The NCAA team hasn't come close to capturing that on next gen. I really hope they get it right next year.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #19
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I am hoping with the explosion of QBs and their rushing yards this season the NCAA team will really look at how to produce these numbers both with CPU ran offenses and through simulation. There hasn't been a season lately like this one where there are multiple guys who not only lead their team in rushing, but also are towards the top of the country in rushing.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 11-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #20
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
I am hoping with the explosion of QBs and their rushing yards this season the NCAA team will really look at how to produce these numbers both with CPU ran offenses and through simulation. There hasn't been a season lately like this one where there are multiple guys who not only lead their team in rushing, but also are towards the top of the country in rushing.
Yep, one would think that this has caught the attention of the development team and that it would be one of the "high priority, must improve exponentially" issues for NCAA 12.

If it isn't, I'll be very, very disappointed, maintaining the status quo in this particular area will drain away much of the positive feeling I have about the current NCAA development team.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by demondecs21
when it comes down to these option teams, the game isnt cutting it. Any day of the week i can shut down a CPU oporated option team.

I know there are some people who will refuse to believe the game can be better this year for option teams......i will stress this again it won't be perfect but it can be better depending on the individual and if he wants to handle the situation himself this year instead of waiting til next years release in which time EA "MAY FIX" the problem or they "MIGHT NOT" with the default gameplay.

YES I KNOW IT'S NOT OUR JOB TO FIX IT OURSELVES

Having said that these are some video footages of a edited Navy Team with Roger Staubach at QB operating the Option Attack....now of course i've spent time not only on the QB's but also the OL, Wr's, TE's and RB's awareness and blocking ratings.

Again to the selective few guys who always like to say it doesn't work ok i get your point it doesn't work for you in your games. But in my games this is how the CPU executes the Option Play pretty consistently and gets solid yards each game. The defualt rosters are broken IMO that's why the option attack by the CPU is lacking....but again it ain't perfect but it can get better if you want it to this year.

Staubach with a nice option keeper for a TD

Staubach with the pitch after attacking the defense

Staubach for a 6yd gain on Option keeper

Staubach with a pitchout to Napoleon McCallum for a big gain of 38 yards

Staubach with a 6 yard run

Staubach ending the drive with a TD run on the keeper

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 11-04-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Your changes are great, but unfortunately they don't help people that like to go deep into a dynasty.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashamael
Your changes are great, but unfortunately they don't help people that like to go deep into a dynasty.
Very true.

P.S. Love the user name. Reading book 13 right now.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #24
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

I am watching the VTech/GTech game right now and I immediately thought of this thread. The fact that Tyrod Taylor can tuck the ball and take off forces the defense to be aware of him thus leaving receivers open. If next year's game had QBs that could actually scramble out of the pocket w/o being tackled by a defensive tackle it'd be great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »