Home

Petition for the true DUAL-THREAT QB in next year's game

This is a discussion on Petition for the true DUAL-THREAT QB in next year's game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Petition for the true DUAL-THREAT QB in next year's game

Of course it should play better right out of the box.....

That's why i stated it should have been fixed back in NCAA 08....I'm not supporting EA i'm against them when it comes to dual threat QB's

I'm just saying this year we have no option but to either tweak it ourselves or accept the flaws.....i'm not asking anyone who doesn't enjoy editing ratings to touch a single player i'm just letting guys know that if they decide they want to se eit play better there is an alternative as you've seen in those videos.

Some guys will tweak NBA 2K11 to get tendencies right...I enjoy tweaking NCAA 11 to make them better

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 11-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #34
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Of course it should play better right out of the box.....

That's why i stated it should have been fixed back in NCAA 08....I'm not supporting EA i'm against them when it comes to dual threat QB's

I'm just saying this year we have no option but to either tweak it ourselves or accept the flaws.....i'm not asking anyone who doesn't enjoy editing ratings to touch a single player i'm just letting guys know that if they decide they want to se eit play better there is an alternative as you've seen in those videos.

Some guys will tweak NBA 2K11 to get tendencies right...I enjoy tweaking NCAA 11 to make them better
We all know that this year is a lost cause in terms of QB and RB A.I. being good to great., and not just decent because of mass tinkering. I'm not trying to be a smartass when I point out that the thread title says Petition for next years game.

We're imploring the development team to make this issue a priority one for next year, as I think we all would agree that doing so would improve the game exponentially.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:01 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Lets get one thing clear here.

Colt McCoy was a dual threat quarterback

Most of the guys we are talking about arent dual threat QBs

They are running backs, who can throw well enough to keep the defense offense.

They should be rated as such.

The problem with this game, is that the "scrambling" QB throws too well, and doesnt run like a running back. They run like a fast quarterback.

Cam Newton should have Mark Ingram like running attributes, and the OL logic needs to be better tuned to run the plays that make them what they are.

The way the QBs are classified, do not reflect the way college football is played now.

The game needs to break QBs down as

-Pro Style Passer
-Spread Balanced
-Spread Option

Pro Style Passer would be your Matt Barkley's of the world

Spread Balanced- Taylor Martinez, Darron Thomas, etc

-Spread Option- Your Tailback QBs like Cam Newton, Denard Robinson, etc.
That's an awesome post and point that you make. This response needs to be forwarded onto the EA NCAA Dev Team. It's exactly what I'm talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2010, 05:38 AM   #36
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

To the original poster, I'm with you. I would love to see the CPU's QB run the ball when he's a world class athlete. I get tired of watching scrambling quarterbacks run 2 times a game. The CPU QB needs to run, if that's what he does in real life!

CPU scrambling QB's do not scramble enough!!!

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 11-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #37
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I'd like to see them remove the forced lag and animations when you try and scramble with a QB.

I've always been in favor of an open offline experience. If they need to cripple the game online so people don't cheat fine, but leave my gameplay alone.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

last gen was terrible in trying to deal with dual threat QBs I remember my dynasties and dealing with the Dennis Dixon's of this world. cover the wrs he'd take off and vice versa.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:40 PM   #39
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Sign to the 100 million power.........I been complaining about this since day 1. Last generation they had it right, this generation mobile QB's are totally broken. Makes no sense I swear.

They need to get rid of the fluff and stick to the basics. And within the basics is simple scramble logic.

If WR's are covered and or I have a wide open running lane, tuck the ball and run for the 1st down or as many yards as you can get.

I mean what is the point of having spy QB plays if the QB don't ever run ? I remember back in the day on the PS2 if you played against Pat White, Juan Dixon, Vick, etc in NCAA they would exploit your wide open space and run on you.

Now you can rush one guy and drop everybody back into zone and they still won't run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »