Home

How Do You Win The Heisman????

This is a discussion on How Do You Win The Heisman???? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2010, 01:53 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 28
Re: How Do You Win The Heisman????

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyebred2332
Judging by that I would say either your sliders are poor (or non-existent) or you are exploiting certain plays over and over, because if you are playing legit there is no way you average 11.5 YPC and nearly 4 TD's/game.

To help answer your original question though, what kind of #'s did the QB have, how did his team finish, and what were his stats in the CCG?
There are no exploits or cheesing. We use default settings except for the AI running ability which we turned to 45 due to the unrealistic broken tackles.

There are three of us so a majority of the games are against the CPU. It's hard to call a money play, especially running, because there are plays that work however, in my experience, the AI figures it out and starts bringing guys.

He was a 4* recruit who stayed all four years. He progressed to a 99 OVR with 96 speed, 97 acceleration and 99 broken tackle so if he got into the open there was no catching him.

I honestly don't care to win the Heisman but was just curious if others had been the front runner only to get passed up by a player that had an additional week to play.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #10
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

Most of the times a player playing for the team that wins the national championship wins the heisman. The best player on the best team. Just like IRL.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBrady
Most of the times a player playing for the team that wins the national championship wins the heisman. The best player on the best team. Just like IRL.
Not in this case. Each year it was a player who played in a conference championship game. One of the human players (using Ohio State, which is loaded) has won the past five titles with no Heisman winner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #12
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm using OSU, won the ncg year 1 but coop from Miami (finished around 5th) won the heisman over Pryor coop had crazy stats and deserved it, year 2 I again won the ncg and had no1 in the race after Pryor got hurt with 4 games remaining... so its not just going to a player on a team in the ncg
Old 11-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #13
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

I just accepted a job at Miami this year, and the current starting RB is Storm Johnson (who is a freshman in real life). I went 11-1, didn't win the conference and didn't even get a sniff at the NC but won the Chick-fil-A bowl. Storm Johnson ended up winning the Heisman that year, but just barely. He usually got about 125-145 yards per game and a TD or two, but the first 3 games or so he wasn't very productive.

I've had players that out-performed him by a long shot, and weren't even in the chase for the Heisman.

Also, let me just say how awesome it is that a RB on Miami's roster is named STORM Johnson!
Old 11-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I won it in my OD with an RB from a small school non-BCS. You just need to have good realistic stats.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #15
Rookie

ukskarate's Arena

OVR: 2

In the year 2024 of my sim dynasty, a cpu WR won the Heisman with 198 rec. and 3200 yards. Those stats are unrealistic and he still won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2010, 03:42 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukskarate
In the year 2024 of my sim dynasty, a cpu WR won the Heisman with 198 rec. and 3200 yards. Those stats are unrealistic and he still won.
as long as the computer did it its definatly realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »