Home

Dynasty Wire Help

This is a discussion on Dynasty Wire Help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4
Dynasty Wire Help

I've looked around for help to this question for a few minutes, but I'll admit, I didn't feel like searching for hours so I hope it's fine that I ask this question here.

My Dad, brother and I just started our first online dynasty and have been working on our dynasty wire stories. Everything works great except for the "Story Caption" part. Say my Story Headline is "Armadillos Win" and my Story Caption is something like "Mayes runs for 100 yards in victory." Well, the story reads fine online, but when you read the story in-game, the Story Caption reads like this: Mayes%20runs%20for%20100%20yards%20in%20victory.
So essentially, instead of simply showing a blank space between the different words, the blank space is replaced by "%20".

I have no idea why this is happening; it's doing the same thing with my brother's stories. If the game generates the Story Caption, it reads fine on the PS3; it only adds the %20 for the empty spaces between words if I change it from the computer. Is this a common problem? Is there anyway to fix it to get rid of the %20? I'd appreciate any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Dynasty Wire Help

I noticed that started happening lately. "%20" is the browser code for space. It is often used to replace the space in web addresses since you can't have a real space in a web address (for instance if you had an image file called "the football.jpg" at operationsports it'd come up as "operationsports.com/the%20football.jpg". It's clearly a bug in the dynasty wire site where it's doing a replace on spaces with the %20 where it doesn't belong. I noticed sometimes it shows up, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't figured out why.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4

Thanks for responding. So is this something that is happening to all dynasty wire reports or just a select few? Do you think it will be corrected at some point and is just a temporary problem or has this been an ongoing issue?

I just started my OD two days ago, so I don't have too much to base anything on and don't really see any other threads talking about this issue.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:14 AM   #4
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryStorm
Thanks for responding. So is this something that is happening to all dynasty wire reports or just a select few? Do you think it will be corrected at some point and is just a temporary problem or has this been an ongoing issue?
I only noticed it started up recently. I'd wager they'll eventually get it fixed. Hopefully sooner than later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »