Home

Best plays out of the 3/4 formation?

This is a discussion on Best plays out of the 3/4 formation? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2010, 06:10 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Best plays out of the 3/4 formation?

Ive been trying out the 3/4........just curious as to what particular plays are good and that you guys like to use to stop the run? and then the pass? thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #2
Rookie

demondecs21's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Best plays out of the 3/4 formation?

Im a big fan of the 3-4 D, you can use a lot of different looks with it, few of my favorites are pinch, SS blitz also like DBL bracket also do a lot of zone blitzing.

Dont be scared to blitz!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:05 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I like the 3-4 Normal Double OLB blitz. It gets good heat on the QB and if you slide your LBs to the strong side and/or wide side of the field you get decent run support as well. Don't over pursue though.

I find the double MLB blitz can really hurt you if they bust through the initial wall. You also have strong and weak blitzes and combo blitzes. The Solid formation isn't so solid imo. I have an easier time stopping the run with Normal and making a few adjustments or using the Under defense sometimes.

One of my favourite plays to run is the 3-3-5 Nickel with two LBs in zone responsibility. I usually blitz one of them depending on the offensive formation. The double wide can work well (both sides) if the opposing team has good outside WRs.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #4
Rookie

Wrecktum's Arena

OVR: 4

The Cover 2 Sink is great against short passes out of the 3-4. Not too bad against outside runs either.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
Rookie

frago's Arena

OVR: 6

Likely not what you want to hear, but I love the 3-4 I always play it.

Simple suggestion , just use choose by play type. Choose Zone Blitz and pick one. It is really the strength of the formation. Man blitzes are not so hot cause you get burned before the pressure arrives most times. The beauty of the 3-4 they never know who is coming but someone always is. Zone Blitzes cover you butt while you bring the heat.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »