Home

Why is NCAA better than Madden?

This is a discussion on Why is NCAA better than Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2010, 11:13 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Why is NCAA better than Madden?

I think a big part of it for me is what Senator Palmer said, the playbooks are just so much more deep and varied in NCAA 11 than Madden 11.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #10
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

For me its the college offensive variety, the NFL feels like the same team just different uniforms most the time, but ncaa u can use Oregon and spread option a team to death, or use ttu and throw the ball 50 times, or use Iowa or Wisconsin and punch ur opponent in the mouth with a power rushing attack...this is what makes ncaa great and why I prefer it
Old 11-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #11
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I prefer the NCAA Dynasty over Madden franchise, you get a completely new team every five seasons so it never gets stale for me
I agree. Plus I enjoy the college season more then the NFL
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #12
Banned

Buffalo Gold's Arena

OVR: 2

NCAA has the ability to draw me in more so than Madden. The wins and losses feel more monumental in NCAA, because there of course is more of a gap in ratings from team to team and player to player.

IMO,the recruiting process is more rewarding than being able to "buy" your players.

OH and Upsets! upsets! upsets! In Madden not so much...
Old 11-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #13
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I prefer to watch college football, therefore, I prefer to play NCAA. I think they are basically the same game. I do get frustrated that there are too many teams in NCAA that provide NO chellenge what-so-ever, beating the cr@p out of teams provides me zero entertainment.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 11-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolus Rex
How is the gameplay better?
If you notice, most of the answers refer to things like more playbooks, more teams, with the occasional vague it plays more fluid/realistic, etc.

Dude, if you're thinking about getting one or the other as far as gameplay is concerned you cant go wrong with either. Its the same central gameplay team that works on both games man.

Its the same game period. You want more teams and playbooks get NCAA. Personally, I dont see why the two are compared. Its football. You're a fan of football you'll pretty much watch any game you can feast your eyes on feel me? That goes for football games too, you'll play em all pretty much.

On top of that, the games are meant to go together, hence the ability to draft players from NCAA to Madden. I know I know its broken right lol. Cant have one without the other, you're detracting from the whole experience.

Last edited by TheCreep; 11-09-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I prefer to watch college football, therefore, I prefer to play NCAA. I think they are basically the same game. I do get frustrated that there are too many teams in NCAA that provide NO chellenge what-so-ever, beating the cr@p out of teams provides me zero entertainment.
Basically the same game? Exactly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 8

How is the pass rush in NCAA? That is the main/only problem that bothers me in Madden. I can get pressure on the QB but he allways gets the passa away in the last second. There seems to be no reason to blitz in Madden since that will leave a hole in the defence and the QB will still allways get a pass off. Is it possible to get a sack in NCAA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »