Home

This happens to me at least once a day.

This is a discussion on This happens to me at least once a day. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
This happens to me at least once a day.

I turn on NCAA and hop in a few quick games. Little do I know how quick some them can be.

The game starts and regardless who has the ball first 9 time out of 10 my opponents first formation is 2 TE's . . . . whatever. After I stop them 50% of the time they go for it on 4th 50% of the time they don't make it and the rout is on. I go up 21 in the first quarter and they quit. I now have wasted my time because they had to go for it on every 4th down and it gives me great field position.

The other 50% of the time I know what type of game I'm going to have on my hands because this guy will always go for it on 4th down and defense in this game is about turnovers not punts. I've had drives where my team will drop 3 or 4 interceptions so I know that they are going to score on this drive regardess of what I do.

In short bring back fair play. It will make the sketchy pass defense much more viable in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: This happens to me at least once a day.

What is this "fair play" I've seen thrown around lately?
Old 11-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

It's a setting that the Online Games used to use. It required each player to punt the ball, kick field goals, etc. Though it would allow you to go for it on 4th, depending on the situation.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Could not agree more, that's almost exactly my experience 95% of the time.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

I've almost completely given up on playing random online games. I get too many guys going for it on 4th down in ridiculous situations and using the same cheese plays on offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #6
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Marshall X
I turn on NCAA and hop in a few quick games. Little do I know how quick some them can be.

The game starts and regardless who has the ball first 9 time out of 10 my opponents first formation is 2 TE's . . . . whatever. After I stop them 50% of the time they go for it on 4th 50% of the time they don't make it and the rout is on. I go up 21 in the first quarter and they quit. I now have wasted my time because they had to go for it on every 4th down and it gives me great field position.

The other 50% of the time I know what type of game I'm going to have on my hands because this guy will always go for it on 4th down and defense in this game is about turnovers not punts. I've had drives where my team will drop 3 or 4 interceptions so I know that they are going to score on this drive regardess of what I do.

In short bring back fair play. It will make the sketchy pass defense much more viable in this game.
This is the main thing that bothers me. Every single player I've faced I have been able to get them to throw right to a defender at least once, usually multiple times, no matter how good of a cheeser they were. But the defenders in this game drop around 60-70% of interceptions, which imo is the most frustrating part of this game. Takes skill right out of it, and just benefits the cheesers even more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »