Home

Need Some Inspiration? Ideas for NCAA Football 11 Dynasties...

This is a discussion on Need Some Inspiration? Ideas for NCAA Football 11 Dynasties... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #33
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12
I'd like more custom in-season options. I play my dynasty along with the actual season, and would love to have the ability to A) edit ratings during the season and B) perhaps impact a quick simming game, so I can get it to better reflect the real season.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #34
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Need Some Inspiration? Ideas for NCAA Football 11 Dynasties...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
These look real similar to what I use on Heisman. I agree on the threshold. For years ppl complain speed is too powerful in NCAA/Madden, then they put the threshold lower? Makes no sense IMO.
I like the low threshold and I wasn't one of those on the bandwagon of "speed is too much". On Heisman at default threshold you don't really see the true burners break away from people. There ARE fast guys in college that make other guys look slow as heck when they try to catch them. Lowering the threshold captures that much better imo. To each his own though.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #35
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
Game Speed: Slow
Threshold: 65 (Limits big plays, we think the low thresholds are a little silly. We just feel it better represents the games you see on Saturdays and Sundays.)
Quarter Length: 10 or 9 minutes (Your preference, we do 10)

We also turn on conservative ball carrying and catching

QB Accuracy: 20/30
Pass Blocking: 75/80
WR Catching: 60/60
RB Ability: 50/45
Run Blocking: 70/60
Pass Coverage: 65/90
Pass Rush: 55/40
Interceptions: 10/10
Rush Defense: 60/90
Tackling: 60/55

Kicking sucks just because of EA, CPU regularly attempts 55+ yarders. So it gets adjusted around year 3 when generated kickers come into play heavily.

We get pretty realistic stats for us that seem to resemble what you'd see in an actual box score. We wonder how good we really are too so comparisons of your stats VS ours would be fun.
I completely made up my own sliders just based on how I felt the game was playing. Yours are very interesting in that they are way off of what mine are. (Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with it, as one guy said, to each his own.) But I'm interested like I said for new challenges. My sliders are as follows: (Hum/CPU)

QB Accuracy 50/30
Pass Block 50/5
WR Catch 50/35
RB Ability 50/50
Run Block 55/50
Pass Coverage 45/25
Pass Rush 90/35
Int 45/10
Rush Def 50/35
Tack 50/50
FG Power 40/40
FG Acc 40/45
Punt Power 45/80
Punt Acc 50/50
KO Power 50/55

I must look at the threshold and speed differently. I just leave it default (normal) speed. But the way I read the description of threshold is that it increases the discrepancy between slower and faster players. I want there to be a big difference between someone with a 96 and 70 speed. Sometimes I still feel like DL run down my RBs from behind which is silly. It's interesting that you go the other direction with it.

Stat wise seems legit. I know the passing sliders seem all out of whack, but my team isn't that good and I do well to complete 60% on a good day, but I had one game where I hit 30%. I have a decent QB but not too much as far as WRs go.

My run game is not very good. I average less than 3 yards per carry.

My defense is decent but my secondary is below average and there are days where I get torched.

The only thing I sometimes wonder about is the CPU's ability to score points. Sometimes it doesn't seem totally accurate, though they have good drives and good stats.

Also, what exactly are conservative ball catching and running and how do you change that sort of thing? Is it in game? Maybe I sound like a rookie there but I just don't know what it is.

And too, I just might not be very good at this game, but hey the sliders work for me and I enjoy it and I guess that's what it's about at the end of the day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #36
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Three things I have always done:
1) Sliders
2) Pick only once great teams. It's not realistic to me to take a school like North Texas and turn them into a national power. We all know it's way to easy to with a power. I like to pick a school that was good years ago but not so much now. It's fun to bring the glory back and more realistic.
3) Only replace a player that leaves. This one makes things fun. You can only sign the number of players leaving and only those positions.

I can say even with these 3 things that have made the game fun in the past I can't get into the game this year. I could live with "robo qb" a lot better then the "superman lb's" that we have this year. For me there is no hope for NCAA 11.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:05 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef J2
To keep the dynasty interesting, I use multiple teams.
How do you use multiple team within the same dynasty?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:02 PM   #38
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
I'd like more custom in-season options. I play my dynasty along with the actual season, and would love to have the ability to A) edit ratings during the season and B) perhaps impact a quick simming game, so I can get it to better reflect the real season.
I would love these options, been asking for them for years.

I also run a dynasty along with the season....usually end up playing at least one game with about half or more of the FBS teams. I really want the ability to edit CPU depth charts and edit ratings in my dynasty.

Also would just love the idea to have a "custom sim" type of option where you can determine the results and stats of simmed games.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think the most rewarding may be the long journey of taking a horrible team and eventually taking them to the top.

I'm in year 4 of my Eastern Michigan dynasty and it has me rejuvenated for this game. If you plan it right, you end up with redshirt freshmen at a lot of positions and you can break most career records.

I'm a fringe top 25 team looking for my first MAC title. Its been a great dynasty.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0
Who has the best sliders for NCAA 2011? I have sent Versuz two questions and he has not responded. I have been using his sliders, but from some of the post I have read his sliders aren't the best ones. Can someone please help, I want the game to be a challenge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »