Home

Why can't Superstar / RTG be more ?

This is a discussion on Why can't Superstar / RTG be more ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Why can't Superstar / RTG be more ?

I've been so disjointed in this mode the last few years of the game.It can be so much more of a mode then what we get for it . I mean all we get to do is play the game is very broken . I mean really all it would take for this mode to be great would here add these features .

Take a point system better then what you got after each practice , and adapt a point / training system like MLB the show does. Then place a better pratice system , for example , do each indviual drill and team practice along with lifting weights and running if need for the position to get better and more physical . Now during game wise it can be a lot more detailed and game play wise due the fact that your are on the field noise and QB vison for example , have a new cone from your eyes so you can see the field and better your accuracy type deal . Just a thought . Also pre game warms up could be added and so forth .
Also need to take in before you even start your college career do the high school thing is great , have a better signing day mode and end of the season work outs and IQ test football wise and physical test etc . That is all have for now for before College .
Now once we get to our senior year and we draft to the pros , we should be able to combine work outs , and do the senior bowl if we are invited .Then also do individual team work outs also in Madden or what ever NFL game we get next ( most likely Madden ) Next when it comes to drift it can be a quick draft to see who u went to see what team drafted and your contract deal. Once in the season mode , practices change up a bit and needs more battle for you position and a very similar point system like MLB the show etc to be an elite player etc.
These are just a few thoughts I have to make a better be a player mode or what ever u call . Any one else wanna add and just maybe we can get a more intense game mode for football for once !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Why can't Superstar / RTG be more ?

that is my largest problem with RTG/Superstar... it is kinda boring. I would rather play Franchise or Dynasty and have a bunch of different things.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Basically, it's a game mode that really isn't worthy to be played right now. They could do a lot better if they desired to.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:15 PM   #4
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I'd like them to just make a separate game, "Football Legend" or something.

Have you start out with a middle school age tutorial, where the game has you play every position on the field, it then tells you which offensive and defensive position you're best at.

You could change it if you wanted and then it would be off to HS where it could skip around to certain key moments.

The game could use the NCAA and NFL teams, and because they would only have one game mode they could probably fit them onto one game.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

i believe that they cannot scrap the mode. If so, they would be the only major sports game without a "be a pro" mode. Every major sports game that has a "be a pro" mode is playable even RTG.
The show, nhl, mlb 2k, nba 2k, mls, fight night looks good,even nba elite's be a pro mode looked promising
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
i believe that they cannot scrap the mode. If so, they would be the only major sports game without a "be a pro" mode. Every major sports game that has a "be a pro" mode is playable even RTG.
The show, nhl, mlb 2k, nba 2k, mls, fight night looks good,even nba elite's be a pro mode looked promising
I agree with you on this.I think MLB has the best mode thus far , I haven't played any of the NBA or NHL ones but they have it down pretty well.I have been bummed out every year by the lame attempts by EA to make this a fun and enjoyable mode for us football fans need a another mode besides franchise and online franchise , I don't really get into the whole online mode specially since I travel a lot and my connection isn't all great where I am in National Parks etc . I just wish this mode could be WAY more for football. I mean give it more detail and customization for your play and game play , is it really the hard ? From doing your own throwing motion or tackling plays etc and doing equipment and what not . Dam EA you guys suck at sports game any how . Just my two cents and kind of a rant thread but gosh I'm tired of EA.....
Old 11-23-2010, 10:06 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

100% agree with this thread. I was just playing NCAA Football '11's Road to Glory mode and I want to like it, but it's broken. I can't believe they tested it before release, or haven't issued a patch fixing the plethora of glaring issues.

Why are the quarters limited to 5 minutes with no option to change it? I don't care about my legend score, I just want more realism.

Why can my player only progress to an "overall" rating just one point above the school's current starter at that position? If I accept a scholarship to a school as their starter, I will never improve or progress. That's an awful mechanic. If I'm a fan of a particular school, and want to fill the role of its worst player (to improve the team), I'm limited to being as bad as him. That means that if I want to be good (high OVR rating) and also be on my favorite team, I MUST pick a position with a player with a high rating. Therefore, I must steal the position of a high-rated star player (of which I am a fan) in order to be good on my favorite team. That's rubbish.

Why isn't the presentation from Dynasty mode present in Road to Glory? The cinematic of players running onto the field should be in Road to Glory.

Why is the play calling AI rubbish? As a QB it isn't an issue, since you can audible every play. But as any other position, it's terrible. I just played a game where the AI called a Hail Mary at the 1 yard line.

Why can't there be more interaction with other players or coaches. The reason I'm playing RtG is because I want to feel as though I'm just another player on a team. I don't feel like there's any semblance of a team.

Why can't the school bands play a wider selection of songs? Why does every school play the same songs? Why don't they know when to shut up? They play well into my counts which is distracting. Why are the drums so loud on my surround sound? Why is there no option to reduce the sound of the drums without ruining the audio? Why?

Why does EA Sports insist on stamping its brand logo EVERYWHERE? You can't play a EA Sports title without seeing 5 EA logos at any given moment. Calm down EA Sports, you have the exclusive license - we won't mistake this for a 2k Sports game. To tie this into the RtG discussion, I find it annoying that you can't reduce the amount of "HUD" or whatever. I don't want to see that stuff, I want to feel like I'm on a football field, not playing a video game. I want to have to look at the scoreboard to find the game/play clock. Realism. Immersion. Do it.

Essentially, RtG is a RPG. There needs to be more RPG elements. EA, you own BioWare, don't you? Get them to help out. You need to start out with a better character creation system. Why can't we assign our attributes how we see fit, instead of picking from a list of generic players that "level up" generically based on how good your team's current starter is?

I really enjoy the Erin Andrews cinematics, but I hope you improve upon it. It gets extremely repetitive, even within a single season.

Why can't there be better in-game presentation? If I'm a Heisman trophy candidate, it would be awesome to see fans at a home game with a huge "My Name for HEISMAN!" banner.

Why does my option QB fumble almost every other time he's tackled, even though I'm holding the "protect the ball" button? Furthermore, why does he hesitate when I try to scramble away from a blitz? He has 99 speed, acceleration, and agility, yet takes small stutter steps similar to Fred Flintstone's bowling approach.

Sorry for the long post, but like 49ersfanforlive85, I guess I just needed to vent. It's been frustrating, since I want to like these modes. I'm not trying to bash the makers of the game/mode. I know the creative people work hard with the limitations set by the money people. But it's time for EA to give these modes their due resources. It's a fantastic concept that's executed poorly. At its best, it's tedious and annoying. At its worst, it's utterly broken.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

i think like has anyone here played gta san andreas?? i think a new thing thay should do is have you be able to take care of your superstar/stundent athlete so if you dont pumpin the guns(which could be a mini game like running on a tread mill,benching,sleds,the thing the fires footballs at you ect)you would lose muscle and degrde your players preformance put on weight slowing them down or you work out so much with and agile faster guy he loses a step in agility and gains it in power.you should also be aloud to spend the money u make from contracts there should be a combine for a rookie and i wish you werent the starter automatically you should be able to get injured.and back to buying things you should be able to buy your own house and be able to walk around it could have like a workout room kitchen so you could put on weight and junk(but you could change the difficulty so you change how hard or easy it is to be like A REAL player this would be a awesome new game mode for madden fans and could draw attention from others as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »