Home

Promises

This is a discussion on Promises within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Promises

OK So I recruited two 5* players out of Alabama. It was a tight battle the whole process with the Tide being both players top choice and playing close to home being their most desired want. I made them both promises to play a game in their home state lo and behold they committed. I then turned off the system and left it for 2 weeks. When I went back I had completely forgotten about the promises and when I set my schedule for the next season I didn't play any Alabama games. When I realized this I was fully prepared to lose them both via tranfer to Bama or some other in state school. To my surprise the season ended and I got to the transfer stage and nothing. Not that I'm upset but how many seasons do you get to fulfill a promise. Specifically the promise I made. I'm guessing they won't wait until their sr season. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 01:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Promises

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdogg70
OK So I recruited two 5* players out of Alabama. It was a tight battle the whole process with the Tide being both players top choice and playing close to home being their most desired want. I made them both promises to play a game in their home state lo and behold they committed. I then turned off the system and left it for 2 weeks. When I went back I had completely forgotten about the promises and when I set my schedule for the next season I didn't play any Alabama games. When I realized this I was fully prepared to lose them both via tranfer to Bama or some other in state school. To my surprise the season ended and I got to the transfer stage and nothing. Not that I'm upset but how many seasons do you get to fulfill a promise. Specifically the promise I made. I'm guessing they won't wait until their sr season. lol
People you break promises to typically still stay at your school. However, your Coaching Prestige did take a hit, and you may lose some promises next season.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

Do the promises still show as "Pending"? As long as they are pending you still have a shot to fulfill them. Unless that promise specifies a time frame for keeping it, it probably means sometime in the 4-5 years while they're still with your program you'll need to play a regular season game in Alabama.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #4
Rookie

vilsack08's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpheje
Do the promises still show as "Pending"? As long as they are pending you still have a shot to fulfill them. Unless that promise specifies a time frame for keeping it, it probably means sometime in the 4-5 years while they're still with your program you'll need to play a regular season game in Alabama.
You have to play the game in their first year on campus. All promises show as "Pending" until after the season. My college is in Florida and I always promise a game to my Florida recruits (that's just a gimme) and it always indicates pending until after the season. I promised a player from Texas I would play in his home state, redshirted him and didn't play in Texas and the game listed that as a broken promise. On the other hand, I redshirted a kid who I had promised 'national exposure' to and after the season it listed that as a kept promise. The game doesn't always follow logic when deciding on promises.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

From my experience, you want to fulfill a majority of the promises. You'll break some, but just keep most of them and you should be fine. However, I accidentally lost a game to a rival and went .500 against my rivals this season so I broke about 10 promises, I think that will bite me in the *** next year. We'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilsack08
You have to play the game in their first year on campus. All promises show as "Pending" until after the season. My college is in Florida and I always promise a game to my Florida recruits (that's just a gimme) and it always indicates pending until after the season. I promised a player from Texas I would play in his home state, redshirted him and didn't play in Texas and the game listed that as a broken promise. On the other hand, I redshirted a kid who I had promised 'national exposure' to and after the season it listed that as a kept promise. The game doesn't always follow logic when deciding on promises.
The "National Exposure" promise is tied to national television appearances. Regardless if the player redshirts or not this promise hinges on the next season in the dynasty cycle.

Just like you said that you "promised a player from Texas I would play in his home state, redshirted him and didn't play in Texas and the game listed that as a broken promise." This promise relates to the next season.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

In my View Promises screen there are a number of "?" listed for player names. I'm assuming those are guys I cut? Is there a way to see if I broke those promises? Or, if these are/were cuts, does it matter? I'd think a broken promise matters even if you cut the guy.

Is there a 'best' time to make a Promise, giving you the most bang for your buck? When you're trying to make up ground (and have already offered a schol.)? When you're trying to close the deal?
Or perhaps a more important question might be, at what point to you decide to make a Promise instead of Change Topic or accepting that you'll have to give a pitch for a Low, Very Low, or Least topic?
And what about when NOT to make a promise? Maybe when you have a x2, and it's a pipeline recruit, so you just pitch the Low topic and take the x2 and pipleline bonuses?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #8
Rookie

bobaloo000's Arena

OVR: 4

Is this still true? When you promise a recruit a game in their home state I thought you would get four years to fullfill that. Is it really one one year? If so I'm in trouble, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »