Home

These type of plays either need to go or happen a lot less often

This is a discussion on These type of plays either need to go or happen a lot less often within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2010, 01:12 PM   #9
Banned

$D-Money$'s Arena

OVR: 5
Re: These type of plays either need to go or happen a lot less often

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynShadowzz
Call me crazy, but shouldn't you be adjusting your sliders? I mean, that's all you have to do. This isn't a "COME ON EA" problem.. this is a "i'm being stubborn about my sliders" problem.

You can fix this.
No, there is no fix for this. I use Playmaker's awesome varsity sliders and still experience the man coverage double standard (one of the most frustrating things EVER)
Old 11-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

be thankful it does not happen as often as it did in NCAA 10(the QB getting hit while throwing causing the ball to go straight to defender).

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 11-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I actually hit the cpu qb this weekend and he literally threw the damn ball backwards out his hand in a perfect spiral to the swing pass HB on the slide behind him. Pissed me off so damn bad i want to break the disk in half
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #12
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
be thankful it does not happen as often as it did in NCAA 10(the QB getting hit while throwing causing the ball to go straight to defender).
True! LOL NCAA 10 was more hilarious than fun. Relly do wish they AI would focus on their impact players more though. It seems like the general formula is, CPU goes hard for the first quarter and the the third quarter. Thats it, then they turn the heat off a bit.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #13
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

The CPU double standard is the only way EA can make up for CPU predictability in difficulty level. I know what the computer is calling 97% of the time, because they make it easy. They do the exact same thing situationally, every single time. That 3% deviation always amazes me, I even stand up and clap, until I remember that the CPU isn't going to surprise me again for the rest of the game. Predictability.

The double standard is currently EA's only answer to that, to keep the game difficult for us. Otherwise we would always beat the computer 63-10. CBs will cut in man coverage BEFORE the WR does. Our QBs always fumble, their QBs never fumble. They get magical catches on 3rd and 15 that get the first down by maybe inches. We have our wide open WR drop a beautifully thrown 20 yard ball on 3rd and 15. I could go on and on, but I'm not complaining, just because this is the only way EA currently knows how to keep the games challenging, and I wouldn't still be playing this game if it wasn't still challenging.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:58 PM   #14
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

OVR: 2

I'd say a good 95% of the INTs I get on defense are user picks where I manually make a play on a pass wheras at least 50% of the CPU picks are my QB gets hit and the ball magically goes to the defender. Sometimes it's a defender and he already has two or three other guys in a zone directly in front of him. It's like I was calling a screen pass to the CPU all along. If I modify my sliders, any no name QB is going to be Peyton Manning. I've had fairly realistic passing numbers the last two years with Robert Marve throwing for about 2700 with a 20-8 ratio on a team that also ran fairly well. I have TerBush starting now and he's thrown 16 TDs and 9 INTs.

The psychic CPU play calling is about as bad. I can run 27 dive plays inside but the second I call a toss play the CPU knows to spread it's LBs out to cover it perfectly. Psychic CPU in terms of zone read/triple option/play action is also ridiculous. I bite on play action sometimes and it costs me. They are perfectly disciplined and just play things perfectly every time. I don't think I've ever had the CPU really get burned on a play action play in the 60+ games I've played.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:37 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

You guys ever consider just taking the sack and not throwing it when you obviously won't be able to complete it. I play on straight All-American, since that is what my OD uses. I just don't have much of a problem with it, but I tend to take my sacks.

Even the number of intercepted pitches on options can be fixed just by holding the ball when the other team has penetrated.

It is a serious balance that developers have to weigh. They put in consequences for making dumb throws and pitches, and folks get mad that they now actually have to think through their decision making process. Maybe some of you could sit down and try to avoid making haphazard plays instead of asking the game to be dumbed down. Stop playing like a QB that should be benched, and you will have far fewer turnovers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 11:46 PM   #16
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
You guys ever consider just taking the sack and not throwing it when you obviously won't be able to complete it. I play on straight All-American, since that is what my OD uses. I just don't have much of a problem with it, but I tend to take my sacks.

Even the number of intercepted pitches on options can be fixed just by holding the ball when the other team has penetrated.

It is a serious balance that developers have to weigh. They put in consequences for making dumb throws and pitches, and folks get mad that they now actually have to think through their decision making process. Maybe some of you could sit down and try to avoid making haphazard plays instead of asking the game to be dumbed down. Stop playing like a QB that should be benched, and you will have far fewer turnovers.
Problem is that the CPU doesn't get the same outcome that the player does. I'm all fine for being penalized for bad decisions when the playing field is level, but as it stands the cpu can just chunk the ball up from a sack and the ball sails straight into the wr's hands while the player throws from a sack straight into the DB or LBs hands. If the pass was not thrown straight to the Defender this wouldn't be a problem so much. If they made a play on the ball that would be fine as well, but they just stand there and its a free gift.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »